Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 10-29-2023, 11:31 AM   #1
Poganin
Poganin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Local calibre library not appearing in OPDS Catalog

Hello, everyone!

After several months of using KOReader without much issue on my Libra 2 (except for some hard freezes) I had to factory reset my reader and install everything from zero, because it seemed to me like after a firmware update and reinstall of KOReader the 2023.08 version was showing increased battery drain.

However, this time I am unable to download books wirelessly from Calibre via KOReader's OPDS Catalog feature. The Content server in Calibre is enabled and can be connected to from an internet browser on the PC and other mobile devices. But the "Local calibre library" segment that should be showing in the OPDS Catalog menu in KOReader just isn't there. None of my previous installations of KOReader behaved like this and I don't know where to looks for solution.

Trying to add a connection to the local library doesn't work either. The item stays black for a few seconds after pressing it and then goes back to white.

I can establish a wireless connection with Calibre from KOReader and upload the books in that way, but I found the OPDS downloads more convenient.

The solution to this is probably something easy, but I haven't been able to stumble on it by myself. Any help would be appreciated.
Poganin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 01:17 PM   #2
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Can you press the Plus sign (upper left) and add your local calibre library details (smth like http://192.168.1.1:8080/opds)?
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2023, 01:28 PM   #3
Poganin
Poganin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
Can you press the Plus sign (upper left) and add your local calibre library details (smth like http://192.168.1.1:8080/opds)?
It worked! Thank you!

I tried adding it manually with IP: port before but without that "/opds" at the end because I didn't know it was needed.

All good now.
Poganin is offline   Reply With Quote