Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-28-2021, 11:06 AM   #1
Macrox
Macrox began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Convert to new Kindle Paperwhite 2021

Hello!,
I want to convert a book to the new Kindle Paperwhite 2021, but I cannot find it in the list, I can't neither find a device with its resolution 1246 x 1648.

Should I wait for an update, or I can custom the resolution?

Best regards
Macrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 11:12 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Just pick an output profile with a larger size, such as the Kindle Oasis one. And where did you get those pixel size numbers from?

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 10-28-2021 at 11:28 AM.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2021, 11:18 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Just pick tablet as an output profile. Tablet means the images will not be resized.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 11:37 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

According to Wikipedia its: 1448 x 1072

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazon_Kindle
Old 10-28-2021, 12:48 PM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
The new Kindle Paperwhites have a 300 DPI 6.8" diagonal screen so they get more pixels than the older Paperwhite 6" diagonal screen.

Assuming a 3x4 screen ratio, 6.8" diagonal and 300 PPI, this would give 1224x1632 pixel count.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2021, 01:30 PM   #6
Macrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Just pick an output profile with a larger size, such as the Kindle Oasis one. And where did you get those pixel size numbers from?
I guy on reddit take a screenshot and share the pixels.
https://www.reddit.com/r/kindle/comm...eb2x&context=3

I don't thing wikipedia is right
Old 10-28-2021, 01:51 PM   #7
Drybonz
Connoisseur
Drybonz began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
If my library was converted for Paperwhite 3, should I re-convert everything for my new Paperwhite, or will I not notice the difference?
Drybonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 02:10 PM   #8
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
If my library was converted for Paperwhite 3, should I re-convert everything for my new Paperwhite, or will I not notice the difference?
Unless you have lots of images and maps in your books, you won't notice the difference. Ordinary text is the same.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 04:07 PM   #9
Macrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Just pick tablet as an output profile. Tablet means the images will not be resized.
Thanks, I'll do that
Old 10-28-2021, 10:15 PM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Use the Kindle Oasis profile, its size is 1264x1680 which is sufficient. Using tablet will prevent some kindle specific features, especially for news downloads.
Old 10-29-2021, 12:11 AM   #11
Macrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Use the Kindle Oasis profile, its size is 1264x1680 which is sufficient. Using tablet will prevent some kindle specific features, especially for news downloads.
Nice to know that! Thank you so much
Old 11-03-2021, 10:28 AM   #12
Macrox

Just an update, I've tried taking a screenshot of my new kindle paperwhite and the resolution was 1236 x 1648