Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-11-2020, 06:19 PM   #1
bongoman
bongoman began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite
CSS line height vs Kobo line spacing slider?

I’m trying to understand the relationship between line-height as specified in the ebook’s CSS and as set in the Kobo sliders.

If I edit the CSS so that line-height is say, 1.2, does it follow that the Kobo line height slider should be slid all the way to the left so that I am actually seeing line-height at 1.2 on the device?

I’d love to see the line height slider display a numerical value.
bongoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 07:13 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bongoman View Post
I’m trying to understand the relationship between line-height as specified in the ebook’s CSS and as set in the Kobo sliders.

If I edit the CSS so that line-height is say, 1.2, does it follow that the Kobo line height slider should be slid all the way to the left so that I am actually seeing line-height at 1.2 on the device?

It doesn't work that way. You should edit the CSS to have no line height for the body text. That way you can use the slider as you want and not be stuck with a fixed value. Different fonts can change the line height. That's why you should use the slider to set the line height to what you want.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2020, 01:25 PM   #3
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by bongoman View Post
That seems to be what's happening. I set the line-height to 1.2 when I clean up a book's css and on the Kobo I have the slider at the leftmost spot. If you don't set the line-height in the css then the leftmost spot will use whatever the Kobo's default/built-in css specifies.

Quote:
So would I, but that's how geeks are. At least on the Kobo we have a slider; on the Kindle there are only 3 settings (buttons); small, medium, and large and the small seems to use what's set in the css.
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote