Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 12-30-2016, 01:41 PM   #1
chaot
Head of lunatic asylum
chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.

Device: Tolino Vision 3HD
Title page: Part above, part below?

Issue: Title page. Part of the title should appear above, other part below. How to do?

HTML
Code:
   <h1>Title</h1>

</div>

<p>Explanation</p>

<div class="absolute">

<p>Advice</p>

</div>
CSS
Code:
div.absolute {
  position: absolute;
  bottom: 0;
Works fine in calibre file preview - but not in my e-reader.

Last edited by chaot; 01-03-2017 at 05:46 AM. Reason: remove HTML & CSS from code box
chaot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 03:27 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
See my reply to your other post.

Calibre does not emulate device limitations.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2016, 03:37 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Additionally I believe the use of position:absolute is discouraged in ePub2.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 06:11 AM   #4
chaot
Head of lunatic asylum
chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.

@theducks: I have realized that with this kind of questions I better go to a CSS, HTML or ePub forum.
Finally only one more example, which works in calibre file preview, but not in Tolino.

HTML
Quote:
<div class="top">
<h1>Title</h1>
<p>Subtitle</p>
</div>

<div class="bottomleft">
<p>Something</p>
</div>
There isn't CSS.
Old 01-03-2017, 09:57 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaot View Post
@theducks: I have realized that with this kind of questions I better go to a CSS, HTML or ePub forum.
Finally only one more example, which works in calibre file preview, but not in Tolino.

HTML

There isn't CSS.
without a CSS, all the class= are meaningless
you get the devices default for each tag type. These values are not a Standard to be the same across brands (or even within their own)

BTW the CSS could be PART of the document in the Header blocks <style>
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2017, 10:34 AM   #6
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaot View Post
@theducks: I have realized that with this kind of questions I better go to a CSS, HTML or ePub forum. ...
BE very cautious of advice and examples found in general CSS and HTML forums that are not specifically addressing ePub techniques. EPub only supports a limited range of the styles (CSS) that are supported by the current HTML5 spec.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 03:29 AM   #7
chaot
Head of lunatic asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
without a CSS, all the class= are meaningless
you get the devices default for each tag type. These values are not a Standard to be the same across brands (or even within their own)

BTW the CSS could be PART of the document in the Header blocks <style>
Of course, what I meant was: there is no "additional" CSS like in post #1.

Spoiler:
One of my efforts is to implement a rigorously clear and comprehensible CSS.

Code:
<head>
  <title>Unknown</title>
  <link href="style_regex.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"/>
</head>

<body class="bo_dy">
or instead for only lists, like in Lists of contents
Code:
<body class="li_st">
Or general CSS in <head> via <style>?

href="style_regex.css" e.g. is a special stylesheet type (sans-serif, monospace, tables, lists ...) in contrast to other styles, e.g. Márquez or Kafka. I create them all a typical, distinguishable style (Marquez new, lively - Kafka old, KuK monarchy like).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwig View Post
BE very cautious of advice and examples found in general CSS and HTML forums that are not specifically addressing ePub techniques. EPub only supports a limited range of the styles (CSS) that are supported by the current HTML5 spec.
This is exactly what has crystallized in the last weeks. I can try the applicability of the CSS but only on one device: Tolino. (This is one of the best, maybe even the best, even if it is rather unknown).