Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-28-2014, 07:07 AM   #1
sunilp
sunilp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Using phone usb cable with kindle paperwhite 2

Hello!
Can I use my samsung cell phone micro usb cable to connect kindle to pc to copy contents? I tried to insert it into the kindle and it fits properly. How do I know if its compatible? I have heard that the kindle usb cable is a generic micro usb cable, so any micro usb cable will fit. Is it true?
Is there any chance of damage to the kindle even if the cable fits?
Thanks
sunilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:33 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Yes, it's a generic microUSB cable. No chance of damage.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2014, 09:46 PM   #3
Red Falcon
Addict
Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
I use my generic mini usb cable to charge my phone and kindle and have had no problems with either,
Red Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 01:14 AM   #4
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
I use both my Samsung mobile phone USB cable and the phone wall charger for the Kindle (have already since my K3 but also for my Paperwhite now), both at home and when travelling. Three years and no problems.
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote