Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-12-2013, 08:27 AM   #1
oldbwl
Zealot
oldbwl doesn't litteroldbwl doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-300
Calibre steals focus in Linux Mint, Cinnamon

I am using the latest version of Calibre installed in /opt of Linux Mint 14 - Cinnamon.

If I set Calibre a one or many tasks say convert a dozen books and then load another program whilst it works in the background, I am finding that as soon as Calibre finishes the tasks, freshes the book list etc, it steals the focus and brings Calibre to the top window.

At first I thought the window I was working with had suddenly quit. It was a minute or two before I realised what had actually happened. I can repoduce it at will.

I am not certain if this is down to Linux or Calibre or the DE Cinnamon. I was going to load a different Desktop e.g. Mate to test again, but I thought I would ask here beforehand.

Thanks
oldbwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:05 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
This is due to whatever window manager you are using. When a job is finished, calibre notifies the system that it needs attention, what the system does about it is up to it. The normal thing to do is flash the calibre icon in the dock or the task bar.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2013, 09:35 AM   #3
oldbwl
Zealot
oldbwl doesn't litteroldbwl doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-300
I suspected that.

It is strange that that the flash on the task bar only has this effect when it is Calibre. But I will report this to the Cinnamon Dev's

Thanks for the quick response.
oldbwl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cinnamon, focus, linux