Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-19-2023, 11:32 AM   #1
sh0sh1n
sh0sh1n began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Kobo Mini Stuck Sleeping

Good morning!

New to Kobo's, I got a mini used from a local buy/sell site, and when I got it home, I factory reset it, then couldn't get it set up through wifi (stuck looking for update), nor on desktop as the desktop app wouldn't download the e-reader add on, telling me I wasn't connected to the internet (clearly was!)

I used these forums to install a bigger 4GB card, and then the sqlite commands to activate it without needing an account, and all was well.

I ordered a 32GB card, flashed and formatted it the same was as I had with the 4Gb card, and then swapped that out for the 4GB one .. but I forgot to turn it off beforehand

It is now stuck in Sleep Mode...

I tried swapping back to the 4GB card I know works (I wondered if it would wake up from that configuration), and also tried disconnecting the battery and removing the card, no changes.
  • When I pull the power/reset switch the green light turns on, but the display doesn't change.
  • When I pull and hold the switch, it goes from green to blue, then flashes off, but the display doesn't change.
  • When I plug it into the computer, the green light turns on, but the display doesn't change, and it's not recognized. I've tried tapping on the screen to enable USB mode, but not sure if I am supposed to be tapping on a button somewhere on the screen that isn't showing up
  • I can also pull the switch to turn it on to the green light, but the screen doesn't change..

Is there some way to force a reset? Wondering if I should pull the switch until the light goes green, blue, then off (assuming power is off), then swap back to the 4GB or even original 2GB card, then leave it until it runs out of power?

I've read some other threads that say if it flashes blue green blue it's toast, but mine is green, then blue then off, which I believe is what is expected.

TL;DR, it seems like it's running fine, but the screen isn't responding in any way
sh0sh1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 06:19 PM   #2
dreambeat
Enthusiast
dreambeat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreambeat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreambeat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreambeat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreambeat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreambeat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreambeat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreambeat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreambeat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreambeat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreambeat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, Kobos Mini & Libra 2.
Huh. I'd try resetting it with the pinhole button on the back, to see if that does anything.

(If you take off the outer cover, you should see a small hole in the back of the inner one. Poke it with a paperclip to press the button inside)
dreambeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2023, 01:11 PM   #3
Mercador
I'm not a number!
Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Got the same issue. If I boot it up, I see the green light flashing but the screen never wake up.
Mercador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 05:02 PM   #4
dreambeat
Enthusiast
dreambeat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreambeat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreambeat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreambeat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreambeat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreambeat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreambeat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreambeat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreambeat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreambeat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreambeat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, Kobos Mini & Libra 2.
If it's just the green light, I believe that's a software issue. Try reflashing the SD card.
dreambeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 03:09 AM   #5
sh0sh1n
sh0sh1n began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreambeat View Post
Huh. I'd try resetting it with the pinhole button on the back, to see if that does anything.

(If you take off the outer cover, you should see a small hole in the back of the inner one. Poke it with a paperclip to press the button inside)
Well it appears that perhaps the 32gb card isn't flashed properly - reseating the 4Gb card and resetting the device brought it back to life! Thanks!

I wish removing the backplate under the screws was less difficult... The sides don't snap down so easily!
sh0sh1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert