Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-16-2015, 03:29 AM   #1
d.smit
d.smit began at the beginning.

Device: kindle Paperwhite 2
How to Stop Paperwhite1 from Indexing Periodicals?

This concerns periodicals (News) gernerated by calibre recipes: "pobi"-files. I regularly delete indexes and the UserAnnotLog from my kindle. But as I never use the search function with periodicals (News), I wonder if I could stop the automatic indexing. (I presume the process uses up battery power and also clogs the memory.) - Astounding enough, I couldn't find anything on the topic in the forum or by searching the Web.
d.smit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 04:38 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
This has nothing whatsoever to do with Calibre. Moved to the Kindle developers' forum.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 09:20 AM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.smit View Post
This concerns periodicals (News) gernerated by calibre recipes: "pobi"-files. I regularly delete indexes and the UserAnnotLog from my kindle. But as I never use the search function with periodicals (News), I wonder if I could stop the automatic indexing. (I presume the process uses up battery power and also clogs the memory.) - Astounding enough, I couldn't find anything on the topic in the forum or by searching the Web.
Mostly because lab126 ignores them also -
The presumption is that they are too small to bother about.

- - - -

I seem to recall a "clean-up utility" posted here, somewhere, that also deletes those generated files when the main e-document is deleted.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, indexing, paperwhite 1, periodicals, pobi