Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 03-17-2016, 10:30 PM   #1
mixedbag
Enthusiast
mixedbag began at the beginning.

Device: none
Can we move jobs up when running many news fetch jobs ?

Hi.

I was wondering if there is any shortcut key or way to move up few news fetch jobs up the queue we want to finish on urgency basis.

Sometimes, I run few news fetch jobs and suddenly i have to go attend somewhere. I have few jobs running say some 12 or so and i have scheduled it all but i have missed the schedule so now jobs starts in an arbitrary way.

I would like 2 recipes before i move out but it is positioned on no 10 and 11 jobs. Considering, calibre runs 4 recipes simultaneously, either i have to wait for its turn to come after first 9 recipes are completed or i have to cancell all 9. If, I cancel it, the schedule is lost and when i return i have to search and run manually.

I was wondering if we can move recipes at jobs no 10 and 11 to 5 or 6 number without disturbing any schedule and let them run without cancelling any.

Let me know if there is any way to make few jobs jump up the queue in recipe jobs.

Thanks.
mixedbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 11:07 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, there isn't. You cannot control queued job order. If I were you, I'd just quit calibre and restart it then manually download the recipes I was interested in, so that they are downloaded first.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2016, 11:39 PM   #3
mixedbag
Enthusiast
mixedbag began at the beginning.

Device: none
Ok. If i quit the calibre using ctrl+q and then restart it, would the queued scheduled recipes run again automatically where i left when i restart it? or the schedule will be wiped off.

Also is there a way, we can again repeat the running of all schedule jobs of fetch news, for that particular day, ignoring whether we downloaded any news fetch recipe or not for that day.

Thanks Kovid.

Last edited by mixedbag; 03-17-2016 at 11:42 PM.
mixedbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 12:26 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I dont recall, try it once and see. IIRC it should, but I cant be sure. And if you want to download any given scheduled recipe, you can always do it manually at any time.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote