Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-03-2024, 01:32 PM   #1
emmercm
emmercm began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 10th Gen
Automatic conversion of downloaded news no longer works for auto-send

As talked about in several other threads here, I was getting rejections when emailing downloaded news EPUBs to my Kindle. This seems like a bug in its own right, but likely difficult to get perfectly right.

I had a workaround that was working as recently as August 2023, but it hasn't worked recently. The workaround was to set Calibre's preferred output format to MOBI, the Kindle email address' formats as EPUB, and then at send time, there would be a MOBI->EPUB conversion that seemed to eliminate any issues.

The auto-send feature is no longer performing this conversion automatically when I have my news downloaded in MOBI. If I change my preferred output format to EPUB it will get emailed, but then subsequently rejected by Amazon.

I tried a brand new install of Calibre, v7.4.0. Any help would be appreciated here.
emmercm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2024, 09:59 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I cant think of any code changes in this area in a long time. Is auto send still checked for the email address in question under Preferences->Sharing by email
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2024, 01:02 AM   #3
emmercm
emmercm began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 10th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I cant think of any code changes in this area in a long time. Is auto send still checked for the email address in question under Preferences->Sharing by email
It is, and it works when I set the global preferred format to one that matches the device's formats (EPUB in this case). That's without changing any device or email settings.
emmercm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 02:54 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Looking at the tooltip of the auto send checkbox in Preferences->Sharing by email it says

If checked, downloaded news will be automatically mailed to this email address provided it is in one of the listed formats and has not been filtered by tags

So I dont see how this workaround could ever have worked.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote