Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-10-2024, 09:35 AM   #1
noemiri
noemiri began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle standard
error metawidget file object has no attribute ''opf file''

Hello everyone,

I am trying to convert an EPUB to PDF in the Calibre app.
But I get this error

How can I fix it?
I have already installed the Kepub Output and Metareader plugins.

calibre 7.3 embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.22000-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.22000')
Python 3.11.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.22000', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: it
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Highlights to Obsidian (1, 4, 1) && KePub Metadata Reader (3, 4, 3) && KePub Output (3, 6, 6)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\convert\single.py", line 288, in accept
AttributeError: 'MetadataWidget' object has no attribute 'opf_file'
noemiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 09:45 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
what are you doing to coonvert this file? What steps are you taking?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2024, 09:48 AM   #3
noemiri

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
what are you doing to coonvert this file? What steps are you taking?
I open the EPUB on Calibre and than click on ''convert'' --> TO PDF
Old 01-10-2024, 10:05 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I dont see how you could possibly be getting that error with those steps. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=186697
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 10:15 AM   #5
noemiri

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I dont see how you could possibly be getting that error with those steps. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=186697
What?
Can you explain it please? I Don't understand
what is the solution?
Advert
Old 01-10-2024, 02:52 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
What errors do you see if you open the ePub in calibre's e-book editor? I would suggest installing the epubcheck plugin for the editor and using that as well as the built-in bugcheck.

Alternately, save a backup copy of your epub and do an epub to epub conversion to see if that fixes your issues.

If you clicked on the link supplied by Kovid, it lists the steps needed to report conversion issues.

In this case, I would suggest that your "epub" is not a valid epub since no opf file is found. The path to the .opf file must be specified in the container.xml file in the META-INF directory in the .zip container (an ePub is a renamed .zip file).

Sample container.xml file below (the path to the .opf file is bolded):
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<container version="1.0" xmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:opendocument:xmlns:container">
    <rootfiles>
        <rootfile full-path="OEBPS/content.opf" media-type="application/oebps-package+xml"/>
   </rootfiles>
</container>
If the file was obtained from a retail store, can you please supply the title/author/ISBN?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote