Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-29-2024, 04:50 AM   #1
missrelativity
missrelativity began at the beginning.

Device: None
Adding custom fonts or dictionaries to the Android app

Hello,

I'm playing around with the Android app to see if I like it enough to buy an actual Pocketbook device. I found a lot online about adding custom dictionaries and fonts to Pocketbook ereaders themselves. What about the Android app, though? The fact that the font is so pale compared to the background is driving me insane. (I've set the background to ffffff and the font to 000000). I've tried every font that is pre-installed, but they are either not bold enough or way too bold, to the point it hurts my eyes. I would like to install some more bold fonts (since there doesn't seem a way to increase boldness or contrast manually, correct me if I'm wrong). Also what about custom dictionaries? If I wanted to read a book in another language and use an actual dictionary to translate the words, not Google translate, is there a way to do this? If I get a Pocketbook I will be using the Android app on my phone/tablet a lot, so it's important that is usable to me. Don't tell me to use Koreader please, I know about Koreader and I love it, but I would like to be able to use the stock app too. Thanks in advance 🙂
missrelativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 08:30 AM   #2
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
I have exactly the same question.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2024, 10:50 AM   #3
olyria4
olyria4 began at the beginning.

Device: mac book
Custom fonts and dictionaries can greatly enhance the user experience of an Android app, offering personalization and language support. By incorporating this feature, developers cater to diverse user preferences and linguistic needs, ensuring a more inclusive and engaging experience for all users while adding a touch of customization and flair.
olyria4 is offline   Reply With Quote