Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-17-2013, 11:48 AM   #1
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Kobo Mini stuck on Factory Reset

I have had two "error communicating with device" from Calibre today while trying to connect my Mini, so I decided to do a Factory Reset to clean the drive (I think an epub might have been corrupt, but I don't know which one).

Now, the Mini is stuck on the "Restoring" message with the hourglass and has been so for the last 10 minutes.

Anyone has an idea how to bring it back to life ?
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:57 AM   #2
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Answering myself: 30 minutes was the time I needed to wait.

It is a tad long for a Factory Reset imho, but I am a happy camper. Just wrote this because I think people should know it can indeed take that long for the Resetting and one should just be patient.

EDIT : Still getting the "error communicating with device", with no books on it. Will do another Factory Reset and hope it will clear everything.

EDIT2: one Factory Reset later, it seems to work again. The Factory Reset was much quicker this time. My FW is still 2.6.1, as it was before my Mini started acting weird.

Last edited by aceflor; 08-18-2013 at 06:09 AM.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert