Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-04-2015, 05:16 AM   #1
Smallpox
Smallpox can differentiate black from dark navy blueSmallpox can differentiate black from dark navy blueSmallpox can differentiate black from dark navy blueSmallpox can differentiate black from dark navy blueSmallpox can differentiate black from dark navy blueSmallpox can differentiate black from dark navy blueSmallpox can differentiate black from dark navy blueSmallpox can differentiate black from dark navy blueSmallpox can differentiate black from dark navy blueSmallpox can differentiate black from dark navy blueSmallpox can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Aura H20
H20 Output profile?

Hello, two questions:
- Can we have an "Output profile" for H20 resolution (1430x1080)? I'm using Tablet output for the moment but i'm not sure of the result concerning covers.
- What can I change if the cover of the book is very small on my H20 presentation page (after calibre conversion to Kepub) and not taking all space reserved for cover? I have already tryed the Kepub output option "Save proportion of SVG image" (Not sure of the traduction sorry I've got Calibre in french)...
Thank's for your help
Smallpox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 06:43 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallpox View Post
Hello, two questions:
- Can we have an "Output profile" for H20 resolution (1430x1080)? I'm using Tablet output for the moment but i'm not sure of the result concerning covers.
There is no point. The profile sets the maximum size to use to use for images on the device. Anything bigger will be resized. Anything smaller will not be changed. The Kobo devices do a good job of resizing the images when they are displayed. Not resizing the images also means that if you get a device with a different resolution, you don't need to reconvert all the books.
Quote:
- What can I change if the cover of the book is very small on my H20 presentation page (after calibre conversion to Kepub) and not taking all space reserved for cover? I have already tryed the Kepub output option "Save proportion of SVG image" (Not sure of the traduction sorry I've got Calibre in french)...
Thank's for your help
The Kobo devices use the first page of epubs as the cover. But, it sounds like you are converting to kepub and sending that. In that case, the cover image is pulled out of the book. The device generates the cover images from this and stores them. They are generated so that they keep the aspect ratio, but fill the available space in one dimension. The screen has the aspect ratio of 3x4, but most cover images are taller than this. This generally means there is unused space at the side of the images. I think this is what you are referring to.

I can think of two ways to get rid of these bars. If you make sure the cover has an aspect ratio of 3x4, then it will resize to fill the available space. The other way is to have the driver generate the cover images and send them. If you select the "Upload covers for books" option in the driver configuration, then the covers will be generated when the book is sent. This will use whatever cover is in the calibre library and generate them for each size needed. For the books already on the device, you can use my Kobo Utilities plugin to upload the covers.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2015, 08:35 AM   #3
Smallpox
Smallpox can differentiate black from dark navy blueSmallpox can differentiate black from dark navy blueSmallpox can differentiate black from dark navy blueSmallpox can differentiate black from dark navy blueSmallpox can differentiate black from dark navy blueSmallpox can differentiate black from dark navy blueSmallpox can differentiate black from dark navy blueSmallpox can differentiate black from dark navy blueSmallpox can differentiate black from dark navy blueSmallpox can differentiate black from dark navy blueSmallpox can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Aura H20
it's working. Thank you very much David.
Smallpox is offline   Reply With Quote