Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-03-2020, 04:44 AM   #1
ChrisMillward
Enthusiast
ChrisMillward began at the beginning.

Device: PC
Dragging a book into an expanded Hierarchy level collapse other expanded levels

When sorting books into a Subject hierarchy it is useful to have several different levels expanded. However, if a book is dragged into any one of these expanded levels the others immediately collapse. This means that you have to keep opening up previously opened levels. Maybe this is intentional to prevent the list from 'growing', but personally I would rather collapse them myself when I am done with them. Perhaps if it is normally desirable then an option could be provided to prevent automatic collapse.
ChrisMillward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 05:11 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I think this is just an artifact of having to repaint the list. Tracking and maintaining the 'expanded' tags would be a royal PITA
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2020, 01:46 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I think this is just an artifact of having to repaint the list. Tracking and maintaining the 'expanded' tags would be a royal PITA
Indeed, it is a fair amount of effort.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 06:02 AM   #4
ChrisMillward
Enthusiast
ChrisMillward began at the beginning.

Device: PC
Thank you.
I presume that change is unlikely.
ChrisMillward is offline   Reply With Quote