Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-06-2016, 05:59 PM   #1
unabatedshagie
Enthusiast
unabatedshagie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Goodreads column?

I'm looking to create a column which would display an icon or a G if the book has a goodreads value in the ID column?

Is this possible
unabatedshagie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 12:34 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@unabatedshagie - I would do this

Create a custom column built from other columns that gets value of 0 if {identifiers:select(goodreads)} is empty, otherwise it gets value 1. Then specify a column icon in Preferences->Look and Feel that shows a Goodreads icon if the the value of the custom column is 1.

I have a couple of similar ones, but not based on the identifiers column. Other responders may have different/better ideas.

There's some goodreads icons here ==>> Goodreads icon

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2016, 06:34 AM   #3
Krazykiwi
Zealot
Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many random androids to list
You can do that without another custom column (that is, just one is needed that shows an icon or not)

Mine is a single custom column called "ID", with an icon named gr.png, and a column icon set up so:

Set the icon with no text of ID to gr.png if the following conditions are met:
- if the Identifiers column has id value: goodreads:

I also have the same column show an oclc swirly icon* if it's got an ISBN, (identifier isbn: ) and both if it has both. Makes cleaning up incoming books nice and fast, I can quickly see which ones need an isbn found, and then which ones to update with a GR id once that's done.

(I know, I know, oclc is not really anything to do with ISBNs, but if it has an isbn clicking it in the details panel looks it up in worldcat which has the oclc logo, and what the heck else would you use as an ISBN icon anyway?)
Krazykiwi is offline   Reply With Quote