Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-09-2023, 08:05 AM   #1201
GeckoFriend
Guru
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad Mini4, Kindle Voyage
Book Not Found

I have a problem with the book "Mrs Harris Goes to Moscow", ISBN 9781408832011. The book is in the Brooklyn library but overdrive does not find the link. I'm hoping to find it at another library since my BPL card will expire soon.
GeckoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 09:36 AM   #1202
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeckoFriend View Post
I have a problem with the book "Mrs Harris Goes to Moscow", ISBN 9781408832011. The book is in the Brooklyn library but overdrive does not find the link.
I created an empty book record in calibre with the title "Mrs Harris Goes to Moscow" and author "Paul Gallico" and I was able to find that book at the Brooklyn Public Library site with this plugin. If it isn't working for you then post a log from a search job and I will take a look at it to see what might be going wrong.

Quote:
I'm hoping to find it at another library since my BPL card will expire soon.
You can see what other OverDrive libraries carry that book from this page:

https://www.overdrive.com/media/920235
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2023, 10:11 AM   #1203
GeckoFriend
Guru
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
I created an empty book record in calibre with the title "Mrs Harris Goes to Moscow" and author "Paul Gallico" and I was able to find that book at the Brooklyn Public Library site with this plugin. If it isn't working for you then post a log from a search job and I will take a look at it to see what might be going wrong.

Overdrive Link found: No changes.

Starting job: Search for books by 1 author
Overdrive Link 2.53.0, calibre 6.12.0
Search formats: Adobe EPUB eBook, Kindle Book, Mobipocket eBook, Open EPUB eBook
=================================================
Finding library books by Gallico, Paul
Accessing library FLP
Get https://freelibrary.overdrive.com/
new OverDrive site layout detected for FLP
Get https://freelibrary.overdrive.com/advanced-search
Search for recommendable books is supported by FLP
Search FLP for harris by paul gallico
Get https://freelibrary.overdrive.com/se...rtBy=relevancy
Response: page 1 of 1. 1 total results
Found: Mrs Harris Goes to Paris & Mrs Harris Goes to New York by Paul Gallico [452781@, @freelibrary.overdrive.com, English]
Found 1 book in 1.0 sec
Accessing library SCL
Get https://solano.overdrive.com/
new OverDrive site layout detected for SCL
Get https://solano.overdrive.com/advanced-search
Search for recommendable books is supported by SCL
Search SCL for harris by paul gallico
Get https://solano.overdrive.com/search?...rtBy=relevancy
Found 0 books in 1.3 sec
Accessing library SFPL
Get https://sfpl.overdrive.com/
new OverDrive site layout detected for SFPL
Get https://sfpl.overdrive.com/advanced-search
Search SFPL for harris by paul gallico
Get https://sfpl.overdrive.com/search?qu...rtBy=relevancy
Found 0 books in 0.6 sec
Accessing library Freading
Search Freading for harris by paul gallico
Get https://freelibrary.freading.com/sea...Zvcm1hdH1lcHVi
1 total result
Found [OTc4MTQzOTY3Njg4Mg==@fr, @fr/freelibrary, Adobe EPUB eBook]
Get https://freelibrary.freading.com/sea...Zvcm1hdH1lcHVi
1 total result
Found [OTc4MTQzOTY3Njg4Mg==@fr, @fr/freelibrary, Adobe EPUB eBook]
Found 2 books in 1.4 sec
Opening cache database /Users/rebekah/Library/Preferences/calibre/plugins/Overdrive Link Cache.db
Opened in 0.0 sec. Cache is 874,496 bytes and contains 0 items.
Cache disabled by user
Getting info for 452781@FLP
Get https://freelibrary.overdrive.com/media/452781
Updated book info: Mrs Harris Goes to Paris & Mrs Harris Goes to New York by Paul Gallico [452781@, @freelibrary.overdrive.com, Adobe EPUB eBook|OverDrive Read, 9781408813782, Bloomsbury Publishing, 2010-08-02T04:00:00+00:00, English]
Getting info for OTc4MTQzOTY3Njg4Mg==@Freading
Get https://freelibrary.freading.com/ebo...QzOTY3Njg4Mg==
Updated book info: Virginia's Civil Rights Hero Curtis W. Harris Sr. by William Paul Lazarus [OTc4MTQzOTY3Njg4Mg==@fr, @fr/freelibrary, Adobe EPUB eBook, The History Press, 2023-02-15T00:00:00+00:00]
Getting info for OTc4MTQzOTY3Njg4Mg==@Freading
Get https://freelibrary.freading.com/ebo...QzOTY3Njg4Mg==
Updated book info: Virginia's Civil Rights Hero Curtis W. Harris Sr. by William Paul Lazarus [OTc4MTQzOTY3Njg4Mg==@fr, @fr/freelibrary, Adobe EPUB eBook, The History Press, 2023-02-15T00:00:00+00:00]
Matching 1 calibre book with 3 library books
Found 0 matching calibre books in 0.0 sec

You can see what other OverDrive libraries carry that book from this page:

https://www.overdrive.com/media/920235

Title found at these libraries:
Sorry, no libraries found.

Please try searching again. If you still can’t find a library, there are a couple possible reasons:

The library doesn’t have this title in their digital collection.
The library doesn’t offer digital titles through OverDrive.
Old 02-09-2023, 10:34 AM   #1204
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Finding library books by Gallico, Paul
Accessing library FLP
Accessing library SCL
Accessing library SFPL
Accessing library Freading
Your log shows several libraries enabled for searching, but not Brooklyn. Check the plugin configuration.

Quote:
Sorry, no libraries found.
I see the following on that page:

Quote:
Maureen B. Gauzza Public Library (Hillsborough County Public Library Cooperative) 5.6 mi VIEW ON LIBRARY SITE
Town 'N Country Regional Public Library (Hillsborough County Public Library Cooperative) 7.8 mi VIEW ON LIBRARY SITE
View more libraries...
I tried again using a VPN that made it appear that I was accessing OverDrive from another country and received the same results as you did so it appears to be geo-restricted. I can't help with that.
Old 02-09-2023, 11:21 AM   #1205
GeckoFriend
Guru

Thanks for the help. Don't understand why California has different geo-restrictions from Florida.
Advert
Old 02-11-2023, 05:22 PM   #1206
rracoon01
Connoisseur
rracoon01 began at the beginning.

Device: android tablets
Once a week or so I use the Overdrive Plugin to search for all of the books that I have in my wish list. Been doing this successfully for years. That's about 200 books. My problem is that now it crashes Calibre. Since it takes a good long while to process that many books I of course walk away from my desk only to return and find that calibre has shut down. I assumed it was one book that brought this on and did sort of a binary search with subsets of the books and found the problem is not consistant at all. It might succeed one time and fail another with the same subset. And of course the job details log dissapears

Short of entering calibre debug mode and attaching an enormous log file, possibly containing sensitive login info, I am hoping someone can suggest what I can do to most effectively report this.

I use the windows 64bit version of Calibre on my Windows 10 laptop and windows, calibre and overdrive are all kept up to date.

Please advise.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Overdrive Customization.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	185.0 KB
ID:	199655  
rracoon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 10:43 AM   #1207
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracoon01 View Post
Once a week or so I use the Overdrive Plugin to search for all of the books that I have in my wish list. Been doing this successfully for years. That's about 200 books. My problem is that now it crashes Calibre. Since it takes a good long while to process that many books I of course walk away from my desk only to return and find that calibre has shut down. I assumed it was one book that brought this on and did sort of a binary search with subsets of the books and found the problem is not consistant at all. It might succeed one time and fail another with the same subset. And of course the job details log dissapears
That is a difficult one. I have never had that happen.

Any chance that you are running low on storage on one of your disks?

Have you tried running calibre in debug mode? (Ctrl-Shift-R) Or you could open a Command Window and run calibre using "calibre-debug -g". That should allow you to see the last output before it crashes.

Another thing to try is the option "Maximum authors per search job". Setting a non-zero value will cause the plugin to split up the search into multiple smaller jobs which might help.
Old 02-13-2023, 03:21 PM   #1208
rracoon01
Connoisseur

This in indeed a difficult one. I have plenty of disk space on all drives. Calibre in debug mode does not to seem to close the log file or at least write it to the temp directory until exited so it evaporates if Calibre crashes.

I experimented with using the "Maximum authors per search job" parameter in debug mode. It failed with 20 & 10 authors and no log file. It succeeded with 5 authors but of the 31 scheduled jobs about the last 5 or 6 did not allow any logins on overdrive sites without a captcha. So this is not a potential work around. Log file of the last of the 31 jobs is attached.

I did some more screwing around looking for ways to help but I just can't get a log file from debug mode. One time it even froze my machine instead of crashing Calibre. Most recently I tried it with 20 authors and it made it all the way through; totally inconsistant.

I'm at a loss on how to proceed. If you can give me any more suggestions for controlled experiments I am willing to try them.

By the way there are a lot of directories with a name like calibre_6t7lwgvc in the localdata\temp\ directory and they have piled up since 1/2022. Because the creation dates of these directories correspond roughly with the timing of my weekly running of this business and another external batch job that creates catalog epubs of all my books. When I drill down on one of those directories there is only one actual file and that appears to be a style sheet (?). Don't know what these are, but can I delete them?
Attached Files
File Type: txt Last Job log at 5 authors.txt (7.1 KB, 54 views)
Old 02-13-2023, 05:56 PM   #1209
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I experimented with using the "Maximum authors per search job" parameter in debug mode. It failed with 20 & 10 authors and no log file. It succeeded with 5 authors but of the 31 scheduled jobs about the last 5 or 6 did not allow any logins on overdrive sites without a captcha. So this is not a potential work around. Log file of the last of the 31 jobs is attached.
That log file does not show any issue that might result in a crash.

Quote:
I'm at a loss on how to proceed. If you can give me any more suggestions for controlled experiments I am willing to try them.
I am out of ideas at the moment. Sorry.

Quote:
By the way there are a lot of directories with a name like calibre_6t7lwgvc in the localdata\temp\ directory and they have piled up since 1/2022. Because the creation dates of these directories correspond roughly with the timing of my weekly running of this business and another external batch job that creates catalog epubs of all my books. When I drill down on one of those directories there is only one actual file and that appears to be a style sheet (?). Don't know what these are, but can I delete them?
I have no idea what in calibre is creating them. My rule of thumb is that any folders in the temp folder created prior to the last reboot are fair game for deletion. I do that cleanup while logged into a different (Administrator) account.
Old 02-13-2023, 06:13 PM   #1210
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Calibre creates a new temporary folder with a randomized name each session. It's meant to clean them up afterwards but any number of things can result in that failing. You can safely delete them.

I use CALIBRE_TEMP_DIR environment var to redirect them to a secondary drive (partly reducing wear on my SSD, partly to make it easier to find).
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2023, 11:32 AM   #1211
rracoon01
Connoisseur

Where might be the most effective area to post about the absence of a debug log file when calibre crashes. Seems like the log needs to be closed and reopened frequently, or something. Certainly no help to us this way.
Old 02-14-2023, 12:13 PM   #1212
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Probably the main Calibre forum. Might be worth trying the env var first though; possibly an overly-aggressive antivirus or cleanup tool is eating them.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 07:26 PM   #1213
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:

Short of entering calibre debug mode and attaching an enormous log file, possibly containing sensitive login info, I am hoping someone can suggest what I can do to most effectively report this.

I use the windows 64bit version of Calibre on my Windows 10 laptop and windows, calibre and overdrive are all kept up to date.

Please advise.
Is Windows 10 updated with the latest version? It's been found that an older Windows 10 can sometimes be a problem.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 08:11 AM   #1214
GeckoFriend
Guru

I have numerous books that I know have overdrive links and checking them individually confirms that. However, if I use the plugin go search for previously linked books and chooses all available books, no links are found. I can only find linked books by searching by individual libraries. This also occurs if I search for recommendable books.
Old 02-23-2023, 09:39 AM   #1215
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I have numerous books that I know have overdrive links and checking them individually confirms that. However, if I use the plugin go search for previously linked books and chooses all available books, no links are found. I can only find linked books by searching by individual libraries. This also occurs if I search for recommendable books.
That bug was accidentally introduced in plugin version 2.52.0. It will be fixed in the next plugin release.

Thanks for the bug report. I plan to release the fix tomorrow.

Last edited by jhowell; 02-23-2023 at 09:48 AM.

Tags
id=model, overdrive