Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-03-2022, 03:03 PM   #91
jeff47
Connoisseur
jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kobo Libre H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff47 View Post
Great addition, thanks!

One feature I like about Nanoclock is the optional battery indicator. Any possibility of adding that?
Oh I see, seems to be added in github but not an official release yet...?
jeff47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 03:17 PM   #92
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff47 View Post
Oh I see, seems to be added in github but not an official release yet...?
Yeah, sorry.

I started a new (full time) job in a different town a couple of months ago, I'm still settling into a new routine. I haven't yet restarted my Kobo development.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2022, 09:32 AM   #93
jeff47
Connoisseur
jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kobo Libre H20
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
Yeah, sorry.

I started a new (full time) job in a different town a couple of months ago, I'm still settling into a new routine. I haven't yet restarted my Kobo development.
No worries. It works like a charm, perfect for what I need and no fussing around the get the font for the clock to match the header either!

Outstanding work!
jeff47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 11:53 AM   #94
gillesit
gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Pocketbook 912 - Kobo AuraOne
If I change the margins of the ebook for reading, does the position of the time not align with the new margins? This happens to me, is this behavior right or am I doing something wrong?
gillesit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 12:03 PM   #95
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillesit View Post
If I change the margins of the ebook for reading, does the position of the time not align with the new margins? This happens to me, is this behavior right or am I doing something wrong?
No. The time & battery level are part of the GUI's Header (or Footer) not part of the book text. The [Aa] Margins slider only affects book text.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2022, 09:06 PM   #96
agugu
Enthusiast
agugu began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage
Could we define a new position as default(eg:time-footer-left,battery-footer-right)?
Sometimes device crashes during reading,the configuration in setting file will be restored to original.I have to power on my computer to fix this.....
agugu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 11:15 PM   #97
KL Wong
KL Wong began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo, Kobo aura HD, Kobo Forma
Sherman,

I would like to thank you for the creation of nickel clock. I like it very much.

I had been using miniclock for years and I prefer nickel clock for two reasons:

1) I like the outlook better, it seems match perfectly with the header.
2) In mini clock, when woke up from sleep mode, very often I need to turn a few pages before the clock appears. In nickel clock, it is there all the time.

By the way, wish you good luck on the new job.

Allen
KL Wong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 01:47 AM   #98
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL Wong View Post
Sherman,

I would like to thank you for the creation of nickel clock. I like it very much.

I had been using miniclock for years and I prefer nickel clock for two reasons:

1) I like the outlook better, it seems match perfectly with the header.
2) In mini clock, when woke up from sleep mode, very often I need to turn a few pages before the clock appears. In nickel clock, it is there all the time.

By the way, wish you good luck on the new job.

Allen
Thanks for the kind words.
Old 10-26-2022, 03:09 AM   #99
sherman
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned View Post
I installed the latest version setting Margin to 62 with clock top left and battery % top right.

It works fine thank you, but the battery font is noticeably bigger than the clock font

Edit: I tried it with the features switched so that Battery % is top left and clock top right, and the battery font is still much larger
Just coming back to this, is there anyone else with an Aura H2O (2nd ed?) who can test this? I'm stumped as to the cause. It's the main reason I never formally released the battery version of NC. I would like to get to the bottom of this if I can.
Old 10-26-2022, 04:12 AM   #100
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O (ed 2, v1), Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra 2
Is there anything I can do to help you identify the problem?
I'm not technical but can follow instructions and would like to help if I can.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-10-26 at 09.05.02.jpg
Views:	418
Size:	703.1 KB
ID:	197372  
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 04:28 AM   #101
sherman
Guru

It's like the stylesheet isn't being applied for some reason. Not even the font family is being applied. If it was an issue with the device family, I would have thought that at least the font-family would apply.

@jackie_w, do you have any ideas? NickelClock is using an abridged version of ReadingFooter.qss

EDIT: @Ned, you don't have any header/footer, or font related patches installed on your H2O do you? If so, maybe there's a conflict or something?
Old 10-26-2022, 06:34 AM   #102
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

EDIT: @Ned, you don't have any header/footer, or font related patches installed on your H2O do you? If so, maybe there's a conflict or something?
Just checked and the H2O is running firmware 4.25.15875 with enabled patches:
Custom font size enabled
Enable advanced settings for all fonts
Reduce top/bottom page spacer
Reduce new header/footer height

I've not updated it because I don't use it now
Anything you want me to try out just say

Last edited by Ned; 10-26-2022 at 06:39 AM.
Old 10-26-2022, 08:56 AM   #103
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
It's like the stylesheet isn't being applied for some reason. Not even the font family is being applied. If it was an issue with the device family, I would have thought that at least the font-family would apply.

@jackie_w, do you have any ideas? NickelClock is using an abridged version of ReadingFooter.qss
The nickel patches which change ReadingFooter.qss are:
  • Reduce new header/footer height
  • Custom header/footer captions

Another nickel patch which doesn't change ReadingFooter.qss but does affect the header (and footer) is:
  • Reduce top/bottom page spacer
Ned appears to be using at least 2 of those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned View Post
Just checked and the H2O is running firmware 4.25.15875 with enabled patches:
Custom font size enabled
Enable advanced settings for all fonts
Reduce top/bottom page spacer
Reduce new header/footer height

I've not updated it because I don't use it now
Anything you want me to try out just say
Firmware 4.25.15875 is dated November 2020 which pre-dates the first NickelClock version by more than 18 months. IMHO trying to troubleshoot this combination is a pointless exercise.

The most helpful thing you could do is to upgrade your H2Ov2 to the latest firmware, 4.34.20097, (with or without patches) and report your findings, preferably with a new photo or screenshot.

I agree with @sherman, it's very odd that the battery% is displayed in Georgia when the rest of the header is Avenir. So, another helpful thing you could do, if you haven't already, is to try NickelClock with this setting for Margin:
Code:
[General]
Margin=Auto
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 09:31 AM   #104
Ned
Ebook reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
The most helpful thing you could do is to upgrade your H2Ov2 to the latest firmware, 4.34.20097, (with or without patches) and report your findings, preferably with a new photo or screenshot.
Upgraded to that, no patches and all is hunky dory

Will patch it shortly
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-10-26 at 14.27.45.jpg
Views:	395
Size:	650.7 KB
ID:	197376  
Old 10-26-2022, 10:01 AM   #105
KL Wong
KL Wong began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo, Kobo aura HD, Kobo Forma
Hi,

About the battery font size issue , I believe it is related to the firmware.

When I first install nickel clock, I am using the firmware 4.34.20097. The fontsize is OK. Due to a bug of the charging LED, I try to use old firmware 4.23.15505. Then I noticed the battery font size becomes bigger.

Edit: I do not know how to upload images.

Allen

Last edited by KL Wong; 10-26-2022 at 10:04 AM.
KL Wong is offline   Reply With Quote