Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-15-2022, 09:35 AM   #31
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCoder View Post
Yes, the cover has a magnet and it reacts on it.
Does it really have a magnet?
I'm puzzled by it. Neither the cover nor the Poke3 seems to have the least magnetic affinity.
I thought for a while that maybe the "sticky rectangle" on the cover was activating the edge of the capacitive sensing on the screen.
I have taken apart my Poke3 and I don't see anything on the PCB.
I didn't take up the PCB, but I'm still puzzled.
I'm thinking some kind of RF sensor, although a real Hall sensor would be lower power.
I dunno.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	reed2.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	178.8 KB
ID:	197769  
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 09:51 AM   #32
CrazyCoder
Zealot
CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (10th gen), Kobo Libra 2, Onyx Leaf2 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
Does it really have a magnet?
Yes, I checked with another magnet that there is one on the inside of the cover, at the bottom, this area probably aligns with a sensor below the buttons. If I put any magnet in that area, the device goes to sleep.

Last edited by CrazyCoder; 11-15-2022 at 10:23 AM.
CrazyCoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2022, 10:03 AM   #33
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've tried with magnetics. They don't do anything, either polarity.
The Poke3 has a little sticky like an anti-theft thingy in a store.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	poke3coverb.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	197770  
Old 11-15-2022, 10:39 AM   #34
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Meanwhile, at stately Wayne Manor....

Ereader Store, sadly, has yet to respond to my email about sending me the black Leaf 2 when they listed the white one. However, they have corrected their Leaf 2 listing to "black".

As it turns out, I like the flush display. Still, a response would have been welcome!
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 11:53 AM   #35
Renate
Wizard

Who cares about inverting your Leaf2 and have the lower button always be page down?
And is adventurous? (Actually, this is a low-risk mode.)
Somebody needs to give me /system/lib64/libinputreader.so off their Leaf2.
Advert
Old 11-15-2022, 11:58 AM   #36
CrazyCoder
Zealot
CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Who cares about inverting your Leaf2 and have the lower button always be page down?
And is adventurous? (Actually, this is a low-risk mode.)
Somebody needs to give me /system/lib64/libinputreader.so off their Leaf2.
Onyx/Leaf2/Leaf2:11/2022-11-14_16-04_3.3.1_41f225958/1734:user/dev-keys

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/...inputreader.so

Did you mean page up? The lower button goes forward by default. I actually inverted it in the settings: https://i.imgur.com/GS0mQ8l.png.
Old 11-15-2022, 12:10 PM   #37
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
Now I see why some people said that making a Magisk module is rather easy!

I ordered the stock cover along with my Leaf 2. It is an auto-sensing cover.
In plain English, a sleep cover.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 12:21 PM   #38
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Flipping the device 180 degrees does not affect the button re-assignments.
Thanks!
mergen3107 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 12:24 PM   #39
Renate
Wizard

Yeah, this stuff gets confusing.
Does PgUp mean "numerically increase the page number"?
Or does PgDn mean "scroll down an endless single scroll document"?

The lower button by me has always been PgDn and <next page>.

This should rotate things irrespective of whether it's PgUp/Dn or VolUp/Dn.
Check landscape, the right button should be forward in the book.

@CrazyCoder Link is in PM.
Old 11-15-2022, 12:42 PM   #40
Renate
Wizard

Quote:
Flipping the device 180 degrees does not affect the button re-assignments.
This is ambiguous. To me it means that when I monitor the KeyEvent pressed in a utility like UsbMode.apk and I rotate the device while keeping my finger glued to the same exact button that the same KeyEvent is generated.

If you have my modified framework.jar Onyx is *probably* not doing any remapping.

If I'm one-handed reading with my right hand and press the bottom button I want to go to next page.

If I'm one-handed reading with my left hand and press the bottom button I want to go to next page.

So, I'm not sure which/what you're talking about, but this mod will definitely change things no matter what.
Old 11-15-2022, 01:36 PM   #41
CrazyCoder
Zealot

@Renate, So it's a patch to fix buttons follow auto rotation with the patched framework.jar? I'm afraid I can't test it as I don't have the patched framework for the new update.

Onyx/Leaf2/Leaf2:11/2022-11-14_16-04_3.3.1_41f225958/1734:user/dev-keys
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/.../framework.jar

I can test it if you patch this. Thanks again.
Old 11-15-2022, 01:36 PM   #42
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
This is ambiguous. To me it means that when I monitor the KeyEvent pressed in a utility like UsbMode.apk and I rotate the device while keeping my finger glued to the same exact button that the same KeyEvent is generated.

If you have my modified framework.jar Onyx is *probably* not doing any remapping.

If I'm one-handed reading with my right hand and press the bottom button I want to go to next page.

If I'm one-handed reading with my left hand and press the bottom button I want to go to next page.

So, I'm not sure which/what you're talking about, but this mod will definitely change things no matter what.
Let's see if this helps. Suppose I colored one of the buttons red and the other one yellow. Suppose I made red the page forward button (to go from page 2, say, to page 3) and made yellow the page back button (to go from page 3 to page 2). Doing the 180 does not change the button assignments. Red remains page forward. Yellow remains page back.
Old 11-15-2022, 01:49 PM   #43
Renate
Wizard

Quote:
Yellow remains page back.
It's really not that complicated.
The libinputreader.so mod WILL change things.
No matter what else you have for software, configurations or framework.jar
Either you will say, "Oh, that's better, that's what I want", or else "No, that's wrong, it was better before".
It's possible that I screwed up in landscape that the sense is not what you want.

@CrazyCoder you can use it with/without the framework.jar mod, but the results will be different.

Last edited by Renate; 11-15-2022 at 01:51 PM.
Old 11-15-2022, 02:02 PM   #44
downeaster59
Wizard

Quote:
It's really not that complicated.
The libinputreader.so mod WILL change things.
No matter what else you have for software, configurations or framework.jar
Either you will say, "Oh, that's better, that's what I want", or else "No, that's wrong, it was better before".
It's possible that I screwed up in landscape that the sense is not what you want.

@CrazyCoder you can use it with/without the framework.jar mod, but the results will be different.
We seem to be talking about very different things. I'm not clear as to what you are referring to. Are you sure you're addressing this to the right person?

BTW, I'm quite satisfied with my setup as it is! Thank you for the framework.jar work!
Old 11-16-2022, 07:38 AM   #45
downeaster59
Wizard

Ah, the new update has just appeared as available on my Leaf 2. Do I or don't I? What are the changes with the way the firmware handles the side buttons? I'll probably do it anyway, making sure I've snagged update.upx so I can get boot.img (in case there are changes from the previous boot.img).