Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-29-2022, 01:42 AM   #31
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobnail View Post
Ok Hitch, feast your eyeballs on this one:

https://framelabs.eu/en/

With that you could change what it displays whenever you want. Have different backgrounds behind your name, "the boss is out", etc. 349 € so about $384 US greenbacks according to google.

I saw this in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...2&postcount=16
Oh, my....you tempter, you!

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 08:34 AM   #32
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Oh, my....you tempter, you!

Hitch
The 6" version is a lot more expensive then a 6" Reader with a 300DPI screen.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2022, 11:03 AM   #33
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The 6" version is a lot more expensive then a 6" Reader with a 300DPI screen.
Yes, indeedy, but I can make it do what I want.:-)

Hitch
Old 03-29-2022, 11:54 AM   #34
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yes, indeedy, but I can make it do what I want.:-)

Hitch
Get an Android based Reader and you can install a program to let you use it like a photo frame. Problem solved.
Old 03-29-2022, 12:41 PM   #35
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Get an Android based Reader and you can install a program to let you use it like a photo frame. Problem solved.
Yes, but this way, I can just BUY IT and do it. I don't have to figure it out. Dude, I spent all g-ddamned day figuring stuff out, making it work, making it fit (You should see the "make this text fit" debacle I'm dealing with right now for a customer that's not even paying us yet who wants 12 lbs of content in a 7-pound sack!), and all that.

The idea of something that "just works" is actually pretty attractive to me.

I DO agree that the pricing is ouchy, considering. They really oughtn't be QUITE that much more than a simple eInk tablet, but...

Hitch
Advert
Old 03-29-2022, 01:08 PM   #36
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
I DO agree that the pricing is ouchy, considering. They really oughtn't be QUITE that much more than a simple eInk tablet, but...

Hitch
Part of it could be the Euro to dollar exchange rate. But the software is probably a big part. It has a built in web server so you can work with it from your pc or whatever.

Probably something similar on the Dory. I'm curious how the Dory lets you create and upload your own signs. Maybe you make it with Photoshop and upload it with an app on your phone.

But the Framelabs has a built in slide show.
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 01:14 PM   #37
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Or I can laser print to an €8 photoframe that has an audio record button at the back & play button on the front.

I'd rather spend the money on something more functional.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 02:23 PM   #38
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Dude, I spent all g-ddamned day figuring stuff out, making it work, making it fit (You should see the "make this text fit" debacle I'm dealing with right now for a customer that's not even paying us yet who wants 12 lbs of content in a 7-pound sack!), and all that.

Hitch
Tell me about it. When I did wholesale work, I just loved getting a job that the directions were "Make It Work". People trying to sell ring guard designed for a round stone and the customer has a Princess.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 03:57 PM   #39
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Yes, but this way, I can just BUY IT and do it.

The idea of something that "just works" is actually pretty attractive to me.
Yes, I am fond of that too. Life is too short etc.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 04:25 PM   #40
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Tell me about it. When I did wholesale work, I just loved getting a job that the directions were "Make It Work". People trying to sell ring guard designed for a round stone and the customer has a Princess.
Apache
Exactly. I'm doing (my firm is) four different samples, today, trying to explain--AGAIN--why a given amount of text and lines, etc. will not fit into the customer's desired trim size. I mean...for the love of heaven...

Sheesh.

Hitch
Old 03-29-2022, 05:12 PM   #41
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Exactly. I'm doing (my firm is) four different samples, today, trying to explain--AGAIN--why a given amount of text and lines, etc. will not fit into the customer's desired trim size. I mean...for the love of heaven...

Sheesh.

Hitch
Why not take out all of that wasted space between words?
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 05:03 AM   #42
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:

Sheesh.

Hitch
Take out the vowels. Then it might fit
Old 03-30-2022, 08:36 AM   #43
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Sheesh.

Hitch
I had a customer that wanted the Lord's Prayer engraved on a disc the size of a quarter. I could have done it, but he would not have been able to read it without strong magnification.
Apache

Last edited by Apache; 03-30-2022 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Left out a word.
Old 03-30-2022, 10:58 AM   #44
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
I had a customer that wanted the Lord's Prayer engraved on a disc the size of a quarter. I could have done it, but he would not have been able to read it without strong magnification.
Apache
Exactly. The inability of humans to picture the outcome of a given idea is amazing. Hell, I'm probably guilty of it myself, but at least I have an eye condition that wrecked my depth perception, so I have SOME excuse not to have 3D visual spatialization skills (this was always fun when I was reviewing architectural plans, lemme tell ya.)

So, off to sample umpteenth, which is not going to work. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr....

Hitch
Old 03-30-2022, 06:44 PM   #45
Apache
Readaholic

Quote:
Exactly. The inability of humans to picture the outcome of a given idea is amazing. Hell, I'm probably guilty of it myself, but at least I have an eye condition that wrecked my depth perception, so I have SOME excuse not to have 3D visual spatialization skills (this was always fun when I was reviewing architectural plans, lemme tell ya.)

So, off to sample umpteenth, which is not going to work. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr....

Hitch
My wife does a lot of custom design and we know exactly what you mean. I have seen people who could not picture what round diamond solitaire ring would look like (even when you show them pictures).

Apache