Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-08-2022, 06:03 AM   #31
xyclonei
Connoisseur
xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Thank you! This works well on my Clara HD. However, any idea on how to switch Dropbox accounts?
xyclonei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 02:57 PM   #32
ccadi
Alive'n'Reading
ccadi is on a distinguished road

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Libra 2, Paperwhite 5 SE
Scratching my head here trying to work out what I am doing wrong (repeatedly i guess)

Have followed the steps. When I press Dropbox I get a screen with Dropbox on it saying add books and docs....
I press get started and all I get is a blank page saying loading.

Tried on Clara and Libra
ccadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2022, 11:20 PM   #33
xyclonei
Connoisseur
xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccadi View Post
Scratching my head here trying to work out what I am doing wrong (repeatedly i guess)

Have followed the steps. When I press Dropbox I get a screen with Dropbox on it saying add books and docs....
I press get started and all I get is a blank page saying loading.

Tried on Clara and Libra
In your Kobo eReader.conf file, can you make sure the below parameter is set? That fixed it for me.

Code:
dropbox_link_account_poll=
https://authorize.kobo.com/{region}/{language}/LinkDropbox
Old 03-09-2022, 07:58 AM   #34
ccadi
Alive'n'Reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyclonei View Post
In your Kobo eReader.conf file, can you make sure the below parameter is set? That fixed it for me.

Code:
on Clara I have

dropbox_link_account_poll=https://authorize.kobo\xe2\x80\xa6{language}/LinkDropbox
Old 03-10-2022, 09:13 AM   #35
xyclonei
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccadi View Post
on Clara I have

dropbox_link_account_poll=https://authorize.kobo\xe2\x80\xa6{language}/LinkDropbox
I think this is what is going wrong.

If you amend it to the below, it should sort out the issue:

Code:
Advert
Old 03-11-2022, 04:44 AM   #36
ccadi
Alive'n'Reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyclonei View Post
I think this is what is going wrong.

If you amend it to the below, it should sort out the issue:

Code:
Ah, a month later. I finally altered the line to exactly as you said.It works.
Hmm now I feel stupid.
Thank You

Last edited by ccadi; 04-28-2022 at 02:14 PM.
Old 04-21-2022, 12:17 AM   #37
xpedro
xpedro has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.xpedro has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.xpedro has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.xpedro has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
so, this works on kobo libra 2, kobo libra h2O, kobo clara hd and kobo aura h2O. anyone managed to make ir work in other devices?
xpedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 05:19 PM   #38
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpedro View Post
so, this works on kobo libra 2, kobo libra h2O, kobo clara hd and kobo aura h2O. anyone managed to make ir work in other devices?
Not that they’ve reported but since the H2O works with this it’s likely that most if not all Kobos should. The firmware is essentially the same between devices (especially with the H2O vs Forma for age ranges). And at a glance the activation method seems to be the same across devices.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 04:22 PM   #39
gereksizuser
gereksizuser began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura Edition 2
I tried it on Kobo Aura Ed.2 and I see this message "An error occurred while processing your request."

KoboReader.conf file as like this;

Quote:
* kobo_dropbox_link_account_enabled=True

** dropbox_link_account_poll=https://authorize.kobo.com/{region}/{language}/https://www.dropbox.com/sh/.....
But when i change the ** line like this;

Quote:
https://authorize.kobo.com/{region}/{language}/https://www.dropbox.com/sh/.....
Then i just see "loading... " page.

I think my device doesn't support it or I made a mistake somewhere. Does anyone have an advice?
gereksizuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 01:27 PM   #40
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Can someone please post the config in a code box or find a different site to host the config? It's just that I do not want to knowingly go to a Russian website.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 01:33 PM   #41
k_men
k_men doesn't litterk_men doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle PW4, Kindle PW2, Kindle 5NT
Well, many thanks to the OP for this. Last night I tried it out on my Libra 2, with no problems. Then I also configured my Clara HD - I had to manually add the correct URL in the config file, but that also worked fine. Bliss!

I normally manage and side-load books from my library via Calibre, and I also have Calibre running as a server on my local network, which makes searching and side-loading titles via OPDS effortless (in KOReader, that is.)

But this Dropbox integration will be great in a scenario where I'm away from home or my laptop and I just quickly need to add an ePub to my ereader. Not a common occurrence, but still, thank you for this.
k_men is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 02:14 PM   #42
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Since I am reading of other fixing the initial Dropbox config, can someone who has modified the config and has it working please post your fixed Dropbox config? Thanks.
Old 05-20-2022, 01:34 AM   #43
xpedro
xpedro has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.xpedro has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.xpedro has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.xpedro has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Since I am reading of other fixing the initial Dropbox config, can someone who has modified the config and has it working please post your fixed Dropbox config? Thanks.
here it is: https://www.sendspace.com/file/y3d34z
xpedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 05:44 AM   #44
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpedro View Post
Thank you.
Old 08-05-2022, 10:46 AM   #45
Zorka
Enthusiast
Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: Kobo Mini(5), Kobo Touch, Kobo H2O, Poke2, Pocketbook Color, Remarkabl
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
Not that they’ve reported but since the H2O works with this it’s likely that most if not all Kobos should. The firmware is essentially the same between devices (especially with the H2O vs Forma for age ranges). And at a glance the activation method seems to be the same across devices.
For what it's worth, I can confirm it is working on Aura H2O and Mini. Both on 4.33.19759
Zorka is offline   Reply With Quote