Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 03-04-2016, 07:09 AM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The iPad has a 9.7" screen, the same size as a number of the eInk devices, and reading PDFs is very pleasant on that; in almost all cases the entire page can be read without having to zoom or scroll. I really wouldn't go for anything smaller, personally. I do know that a 7" screen isn't big enough (although it's good for reading fiction, of course).
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 07:25 AM   #17
Hamad_Spider
Hamad_Spider began at the beginning.

Device: inkBOOK Obsidian
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The iPad has a 9.7" screen, the same size as a number of the eInk devices, and reading PDFs is very pleasant on that; in almost all cases the entire page can be read without having to zoom or scroll. I really wouldn't go for anything smaller, personally. I do know that a 7" screen isn't big enough (although it's good for reading fiction, of course).
Thank you so much, Harry.
You helped me a lot.
Hamad_Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2016, 11:47 AM   #18
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I agree that a 7" screen just isn't big enough for pdfs. I just switched from a Galaxy Note (10.1") to a Nexus 9 (8.7"). The Note works great for pdfs, but is a bear to hold for long periods of time. The Nexus 9 is just about perfect for me - easy to hold, props up pretty good and renders pdfs really nice - as with Harry's quote - the entire page can be read without having to zoom or scroll.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 04:56 AM   #19
Hamad_Spider

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
I agree that a 7" screen just isn't big enough for pdfs. I just switched from a Galaxy Note (10.1") to a Nexus 9 (8.7"). The Note works great for pdfs, but is a bear to hold for long periods of time. The Nexus 9 is just about perfect for me - easy to hold, props up pretty good and renders pdfs really nice - as with Harry's quote - the entire page can be read without having to zoom or scroll.
Thanks for the information.
I'm afraid if 8" readers won't be as good as 8.7" tablets for reading PDF files.
Old 03-07-2016, 05:02 AM   #20
Hamad_Spider

ONYX BOOX MAX with 13.3" e-ink mobius display can be pre-ordered from http://ereader-store.de/en/28-13-3-display.
But it is too expensive for me, 696,15 € including tax and 585,00 € tax excluded.
Advert

Tags
fragile, large displays, note taking, pdf