Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-30-2023, 07:46 AM   #2191
SomeSteve
Addict
SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKindle View Post
I have correct time and latest firmware, serial no., Amazon password and phone no. (which they ask for) but they do not send the code per email to register.
It appears that sometimes they send the code to your phone.

Take a look at this thread ("Can't register Kindle Touch"):

https://www.amazonforum.com/s/questi...r-kindle-touch
SomeSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 09:37 AM   #2192
MichaelKindle
MichaelKindle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 5.11.1.1
I guess I put this is the wrong thread. Others have had this problem: here. After reading there I tried registering again putting the OTP (from phone) directly after the password (no spaces). This worked. However, although I read here somewhere that the old Kindles would not download the new DRM (2023), this is not true. I can download read the new book to the old and new Kindle (both registered to me), but neither "version" is viewable in Calibre after uploading and bring the message "This book is locked by DRM."
MichaelKindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2023, 09:41 AM   #2193
MichaelKindle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeSteve View Post
It appears that sometimes they send the code to your phone.

Take a look at this thread ("Can't register Kindle Touch"):

https://www.amazonforum.com/s/questi...r-kindle-touch
Yes, thanks, wrote below before seeing your note. I managed to register the Touch, but the DRM is still there as far as Calibre is concerned.
Old 07-31-2023, 10:22 AM   #2194
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Books bought outright:
Download only from Amazon Website, don't copy from a Kindle.
Copy & paste the registered Serial ID of the Kindle into the plug-in from Git nodrm.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 10:33 AM   #2195
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Detailed DRM removal help should not be given on MobileRead. Thanks.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2023, 11:08 AM   #2196
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
I guess I put this is the wrong thread. Others have had this problem: here. After reading there I tried registering again putting the OTP (from phone) directly after the password (no spaces). This worked. However, although I read here somewhere that the old Kindles would not download the new DRM (2023), this is not true. I can download read the new book to the old and new Kindle (both registered to me), but neither "version" is viewable in Calibre after uploading and bring the message "This book is locked by DRM."
Old Kindle apps would not download new books. Not old Kindles.

As to your inability to remove the DRM even with a registered Kindle Touch, obviously you haven't customized the plugin. Can't give more detailed help here.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 08:11 AM   #2197
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus, Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
With the Kindle Touch, you cannot receive the new kfx format which has the newer DRM. If you have things configured correctly, you will have no problem removing DRM from books downloaded directly to your Touch. Ask at noDRM's GitHub if you're still having issues.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 08:55 AM   #2198
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Today my Waterfox Browser wouldn't work to download an ebook I'd just bought. However Firefox worked.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 07:43 AM   #2199
MichaelKindle

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Detailed DRM removal help should not be given on MobileRead. Thanks.
Why not? As far as I know and have read elsewhere, it is not illegal to remove DRM for your own use (such as allowing Amazon-purchased books to be read on a reader other than Kindle), so why should it be "wrong" to offer help? Why did you post this comment?
Old 08-02-2023, 08:06 AM   #2200
Leseratte_10
Groupie
Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB Era, PB InkPad 3 Pro
While in most juristictions it's not illegal to remove DRM for personal use, it can be illegal in some jurisdictions to provide detailed instructions to the public, and the owners / operators of mobileread just decided that they don't want to risk getting sued.

And he posted that comment because he's a moderator and people were giving detailed DRM removal explainations.
Leseratte_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 08:53 AM   #2201
MichaelKindle

In what "jurisdictions" -- or is that top secret too? There are other websites that give dedrm instructions, and at least one that charges for it (epubor.com). Furthermore, the instructions have already been published here. In the meantime I have succeeded in uploading a Calibre-readable 2023 book to Calibre, but I will not repeat the "instructions" since I don't want to do anything "wrong." This is more than irritating, it's maddening!

Many thanks nevertheless to all those who have helped and many more to all those who are continuing to fight Big Brother's attempt to restrict our digital rights and property, which is exactly the opposite of "progress."
Old 08-02-2023, 09:36 AM   #2202
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus, Kindle Oasis 2
It is a MobileRead site policy and Paul is a moderator here. Detailed help can be given over at the GitHub if you're still having problems.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 10:11 AM   #2203
monoxdd
monoxdd began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
In what "jurisdictions" -- or is that top secret too? There are other websites that give dedrm instructions, and at least one that charges for it (epubor.com). Furthermore, the instructions have already been published here. In the meantime I have succeeded in uploading a Calibre-readable 2023 book to Calibre, but I will not repeat the "instructions" since I don't want to do anything "wrong." This is more than irritating, it's maddening!

Many thanks nevertheless to all those who have helped and many more to all those who are continuing to fight Big Brother's attempt to restrict our digital rights and property, which is exactly the opposite of "progress."
So go to another web.
monoxdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 10:45 AM   #2204
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
There are other websites that give dedrm instructions,
And that is their right. As it is Mobileread's right to not allow detailed drm removal instructions/discussions.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 06:11 PM   #2205
Ma'am-I-Am
Preferred pronouns: We/Us
Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2
Quote:
Why not? As far as I know and have read elsewhere, it is not illegal to remove DRM for your own use (such as allowing Amazon-purchased books to be read on a reader other than Kindle), so why should it be "wrong" to offer help? Why did you post this comment?
I kind of have to agree. It's just lip service considering what one can find here. As for "jurisdictions" mentioned, I'd think it's the users who are accountable - not Mobileread. It's just information.

Having said that, you can always try PMing someone.

Last edited by Ma'am-I-Am; 08-02-2023 at 06:12 PM. Reason: typo
Ma'am-I-Am is offline   Reply With Quote