Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-05-2024, 05:34 AM   #1
marp68
Addict
marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Clara HD lagging, how fix?

Hi
I've had my Clara HD for some years now. Now it's lagging a lot. Turning it on, browsing or shifting pages is slower now, it doesn't react as fast or direct. But the real issue is that marking parts of text takes for ages to save, up to 20 sec. And since it does not mark sometimes exactly the text I want due to the finger not pointing exactly on the correct word or line, I have to edit the marking.

This is now really frustrating. I removed all books that I had read, just keeping around 20 books. After buying it several years ago, I installed nightmode, nickelmenu. What is causing it to slow down? I assume it's using most of the RAM, and that's why it's so slow. But why, or is it something else?

And most important, what can I do? Do I have to make a factory reset? I am no so keen on doing this, since I would have to install and make nightmode work again, which was hard the last time.

Please, any tips?
marp68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 06:04 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
One thing to try is to connect your Clara HD to your calibre library and use Kobo Utilities to compress the database.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 06:28 AM   #3
marp68
Addict
marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
One thing to try is to connect your Clara HD to your calibre library and use Kobo Utilities to compress the database.
Thanks for the tips.
I did it now, it went from 35 MB to 10 MB.
And I think it actually made a difference. In the last book in which I made a lot of markups, it now seems to be possible to make them quicker. Also browsing pages seems to be quicker. I tried another book and it goes very smooth and quick to flip pages or make markups. Sometimes it seems to depend on how long I read, that is, the problem gets worse after longer reading or many markups during the same period of reading, or if it is the book.

Can these 35 to 10 really make such a difference? Why is this? Since the space itself is not much.
marp68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 10:54 AM   #4
Blabberwocky
Blabberwocky began at the beginning.

sounds intriguing must remember to try this, thanks
Blabberwocky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lagg, slow