Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 03-30-2022, 12:44 AM   #1
ant_gamal
ant_gamal began at the beginning.

Device: none
iPad for reading and coding

I will study data science for 3-year bachelor so thinking of having an iPad
for coding and reading and writing notes
I have a Samsung note 20 as a mobile but not good at reading
so which iPad should have or go for the Samsung tab as will connected with mobile
is coding work will in iPad
ant_gamal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 05:49 AM   #2
salamanderjuice
Guru
salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2
iPad is an abysmal choice for coding. Other than a handful of apps like Pythonista you can't run code on it at all and the apps that do allow it have limitations. If your data science program has you using R or something else like C/C++/Julia/etc. you'll be stuck SSHing into another computer to do anything. I've tried it and it's not worth it. An Android tab will have better luck with things like Termux but you're still better off getting a PC.
salamanderjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2022, 11:31 AM   #3
devJon
devJon could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.devJon could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.devJon could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.devJon could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.devJon could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.devJon could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.devJon could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.devJon could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.devJon could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.devJon could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.devJon could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
^ This.

I used an iPad for getting my CS degree, but I only used if for taking notes over PDFs during lecture. Since it was a gift I just used the iPad, but if I was in the market to purchase a note taking tablet I would look at an Android one or the reMarkable 2.

Are better yet, buy a cheap Wacom tablet and pair it with a laptop.
devJon is offline   Reply With Quote