Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-27-2021, 07:24 AM   #1
cherry1234
cherry1234 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Smile Noobish questions

So I'm mostly asking because I can't search tags on my kobo D:
  • Can I see data that my kobo knows on calibre? ie: percentage read, read or unread, annotations, collections
  • Can I make collections on calibre (because I can see the tags on there)?
  • Is there a way for me to organise my books in a collections/tags-like way that carries between my ereader and my pc?

I read a lot of fanfiction from archive of our own so my library is really cluttered, and its pretty bleh trying to organise it when both calibre and my kobo miss the information that the other has.

I'll admit I don't really want to use the official kobo software but I could probably be persuaded.

Thank you for reading my questions :)
cherry1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 07:57 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The short answer to your questions is "Yes".

For the collections, start with https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kob...nd_Collections. That has explanation on how to setup collection management from calibre on the device.

To get the reading status from the device, use my Kobo Utilities plugin. Amongst other things, it can fetch the reading status from the device each time you connect it. It also has a function to show the annotations. Or you can use the Annotations plugin to store them in the calibre.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2021, 08:46 AM   #3
cherry1234
cherry1234 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
thank you!!!
cherry1234 is offline   Reply With Quote