Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old Yesterday, 11:16 AM   #1
apastuszak
Evangelist
apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, nook Glowlight Plus, Apple iPad Air 2
Does Amazon care what you send through Send to Kindle?

My wife owns a nook and I own a Kindle. I've been staying with my parents the last 3 weeks.

Last night, my wife's nook stopped charging and she was in the middle of reading a book.

My Kindle Paperwhite was home. I told my wife to charge it, and used NoDRM to download and decrypt the book she was reading. I then threw the ePub into Send to Kindle and my wife was able to resume reading.

How much does Amazon care about you sending an ePub of a book they sell through Send to Kindle? I don't want to get my account banned over something like this.
apastuszak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:43 AM   #2
slm
Fool
slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW1, Kobo Glo HD, Nook Glowlight Plus ...
I have sent many DeDRM'd ebooks to my Kindles using send to Kindle with no repercussions.

I have not seen any comments on the web about losing access because of sending books through Send to Kindle.

As best I can tell, Amazon doesn't care.
slm is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Yesterday, 12:13 PM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Yes, they prefer you send deDRMed, or no DRM and books not from Amazon. Which is why it doesn't accept Kindle formats, but everyone else's format.

So for epubs they don't care. Except they might prefer you to use the service rather than USB transfer.

[Tongue firmly in cheek!]

It might be stupid to remove DRM from a KU title (even if bought at full price without a sub or borrow), convert to ePub and use STK. Amazon might assume the author published the book elsewhere. Amazon has even blocked authors from KU (which is exclusive, even the author can give free copies!) when the Amazon bot has found those titles on pirate sites, as if the author would be so stupid!
So they are bit crazy. STK content is supposed to be private to you or else Amazon is breaking copyright if it's copyright material (also in EU, GDPR), so they'd be in bigger trouble than you if they started making an issue about STK content.

Last edited by Quoth; Yesterday at 12:22 PM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:32 PM   #4
apastuszak
Evangelist
apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, nook Glowlight Plus, Apple iPad Air 2
I've sent tons of PDFs using Send to Kindle to my Scribe. But this was the first time I sent books that Amazon sells.
apastuszak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:56 AM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
How do I (or can I) get calibre to visually indicate to me that a title in my calibre library is now on my Kindle when I've used STK?

On occasion, I've forgotten that I used STK for a title, and then, at a later date transferred the same title when my Kindle was hooked up to my computer.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; Today at 08:58 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 09:14 AM   #6
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
How do I (or can I) get calibre to visually indicate to me that a title in my calibre library is now on my Kindle when I've used STK?

On occasion, I've forgotten that I used STK for a title, and then, at a later date transferred the same title when my Kindle was hooked up to my computer.
By default, you can't. You can create a tag or a custom column indicating that a title is on your Kindle.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:19 AM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
By default, you can't. You can create a tag or a custom column indicating that a title is on your Kindle.

Darn!

Thank you.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote