Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Today, 05:22 AM   #1
Cyril Gabard
Enthusiast
Cyril Gabard began at the beginning.

Device: Clara HD
Question Where is WIFI password stored ?

Hello,

Does anybody know where (and how) the WIFI password is stored on a Kobo Ereader ? It has to be somewhere but i cant find it... neither in config file, nor in database. And i cant access to BookReader.sqlite.

Any idea ?

Thanks guys !
Cyril Gabard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:08 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
The WiFi passwords would be stored in /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf. Sadly, the password is stored as a hashed combination of the SSID and the WPA password. You could transfer that information to a new Kobo but not worth the trouble.

Inquiring minds might want to know why you are attempting to find the password for the WiFi network? If it is your home network, you should already have it and if it is an external network, ask whomever you originally obtained the password from for the password.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 03:45 PM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
The WiFi passwords would be stored in /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf.
Which isn't on the same partition as the USB connect shares.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:04 PM   #4
Cyril Gabard
Enthusiast
Cyril Gabard began at the beginning.

Device: Clara HD
Thanks. Let me explain : Last night, i had a "little" Kobo crash. Reboot solved almost everything except that i lost my wifi password (very long and secured password). I was dreaming of a simple copy/paste operation instead of typing it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
The WiFi passwords would be stored in /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf. Sadly, the password is stored as a hashed combination of the SSID and the WPA password. You could transfer that information to a new Kobo but not worth the trouble.

Inquiring minds might want to know why you are attempting to find the password for the WiFi network? If it is your home network, you should already have it and if it is an external network, ask whomever you originally obtained the password from for the password.
Cyril Gabard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:40 PM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyril Gabard View Post
Thanks. Let me explain : Last night, i had a "little" Kobo crash. Reboot solved almost everything except that i lost my wifi password (very long and secured password). I was dreaming of a simple copy/paste operation instead of typing it again.
Sorry but if your Kobo is not using the password, it was removed during the crash. If your WiFi password is like mine, be prepared for a couple of retries while entering it.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
wifi password