Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-09-2013, 11:11 PM   #1
skb
Evangelist
skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod G4, MacOS 10.12, Calibre, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Can't make default cover go away

I've received a whole bunch of webpages created with dotEpub.

I've then edited the stylesheet and fixed the HTML with Sigil (because I can) and then imported them into Calibre.

After editing the metadata and telling Calibre to "Remove cover" and converted all the books, I'm still seeing the default Calibre cover. The metadata is fine...

Is there a way to remove it/them?

thanks.
skb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:07 AM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Try this
Remove cover in edit metadata
Select book in gui
Hit O to open folder book is in
delete cover.jpg (or similar
convert book

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2013, 01:47 AM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
You can delete the cover in Edit Metadata - its also available in Bulk Metadata Edit

If you want to 'have a cover' in calibre for aesthetic reasons but you don't want it in the epubs you can remove it from the ebook with the Modify plug in (checkbox is at lower right) Modify can be used on multiple books

And if you wanted to, you can make covers with the Generate Cover plug in - I use the cover to give give me a visual cue for the 'books' genre - law, economics, politics, war etc - my books are not books their 'papers' - but I don't have them in the books - I remove them with Modify

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:51 AM   #4
skb
Evangelist
skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
Try this
Remove cover in edit metadata
Select book in gui
Hit O to open folder book is in
delete cover.jpg (or similar
convert book

Helen
Thanks Helen,
No jpg or other image there to delete. Very strange...

I think I'll try BR's suggestion of the Modify plugin.

I've never had this issue before...I wonder if it's got something to do with editing the dotEpub'd files...

Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:06 AM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by skb View Post
Thanks Helen,
No jpg or other image there to delete. Very strange...

I think I'll try BR's suggestion of the Modify plugin.

I've never had this issue before...I wonder if it's got something to do with editing the dotEpub'd files...

Thanks for the suggestions.
am I right in assuming its in the book, but not in calibre - book details

have a look with Tweak Book (T) - if its there then Modify should remove it - I think you could also remove it when you're editing the book with Sigil - I think it would be in the images folder.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2013, 02:15 AM   #6
skb
Evangelist

The Modify plugin did the trick! Phew. Thanks Helen and BR.