Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 11-05-2022, 07:18 AM   #1
FelixKrull
Enthusiast
FelixKrull is clearly one to watchFelixKrull is clearly one to watchFelixKrull is clearly one to watchFelixKrull is clearly one to watchFelixKrull is clearly one to watchFelixKrull is clearly one to watchFelixKrull is clearly one to watchFelixKrull is clearly one to watchFelixKrull is clearly one to watchFelixKrull is clearly one to watchFelixKrull is clearly one to watch

Device: none
Viewer: Book does not "justify"

Hi there,

I want all my books justified when viewing, but the code "body { line-height: 1.5; text-align: justify;}" does not work on every book.

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers,
FK
FelixKrull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 07:22 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixKrull View Post
Hi there,

I want all my books justified when viewing, but the code "body { line-height: 1.5; text-align: justify;}" does not work on every book.

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers,
FK
That's because the eBook's CSS has code elsewhere that overrides this. It changes the line-height and the alignment. You cannot rely on your code always working. The only way to be 100% sure is to edit the code of the eBook.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2022, 09:47 AM   #3
FelixKrull
Enthusiast
FelixKrull is clearly one to watchFelixKrull is clearly one to watchFelixKrull is clearly one to watchFelixKrull is clearly one to watchFelixKrull is clearly one to watchFelixKrull is clearly one to watchFelixKrull is clearly one to watchFelixKrull is clearly one to watchFelixKrull is clearly one to watchFelixKrull is clearly one to watchFelixKrull is clearly one to watch

Device: none
Ok seems reasonable, when converting I always force justify, but I don't convert every book I take a look at.
FelixKrull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 10:10 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Ok seems reasonable, when converting I always force justify, but I don't convert every book I take a look at.
You don't need to convert. Just delete all line-height and left justification lines in the CSS after removing all unused CSS. Then you can put your code in body and it will work.
Old 11-05-2022, 10:15 AM   #5
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Try using:

Code:
body { line-height: 1.5; text-align: justify !important;
bernie
Quote:
Hi there,

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers,
FK
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2022, 02:50 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post
Try using:

Code:
body { line-height: 1.5; text-align: justify !important;
bernie
Sorry, but that won't work. You do not want justify to override center and/or right justification.