Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-08-2022, 10:00 PM   #1
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Calibre system color is Khaki

I am running Calibre on a new computer and I am noticing that the new "color palate" is khaki and white. I dont' think this is my computer settings but somewhere Calibre changed from that grey/white to khaki and white. Is there a way of getting it back? - without using an external plugin?

I really liked the older way of light grey/blue - white
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 10:01 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The colors for light mode in calibre come from the system palette. They are not controlled by calibre.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2022, 10:16 PM   #3
Rellwood
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So, where is Calibre drawing the color from in the system? I mean is it the accent color?

Is there not a way of preventing Calibre from taking the system colors and just setting it to the previous default it had?
Old 10-08-2022, 10:20 PM   #4
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
I am running Calibre on a new computer and I am noticing that the new "color palate" is khaki and white. I dont' think this is my computer settings but somewhere Calibre changed from that grey/white to khaki and white. Is there a way of getting it back? - without using an external plugin?

I really liked the older way of light grey/blue - white
sounds to me your new computer might have some kind of blue light filter app, eye-strain reducer color scheme...

I like using this tiny program to adjust colors for my taste:
https://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/...ma-Panel.shtml

if you're new to it, be careful with the sliders
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 10:34 PM   #5
Comfy.n
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfy.n View Post
sounds to me your new computer might have some kind of blue light filter app, eye-strain reducer color scheme...
...like this one: https://www.reddit.com/r/ASUS/commen...owing_tint_my/
Advert
Old 10-08-2022, 11:59 PM   #6
Rellwood

Well, I turned on my very old windows 7 Toshiba Satelite and saw that the system "light" color is more grey than this one. I recall Calibre system colors being that light grey as shown below in the background of "post quick reply" "go avanced" buttons below.

However Calibre now shows up as the same tan/khaki colors as the background of this text.

I downloaded the .exe for color correction, I just hope there is a "revert" or "undo" because I don't want to mess it up otherwise. Thanks though.

I still can't get Calibre to show up grey/white as it used to.
Old 10-09-2022, 12:07 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
So, where is Calibre drawing the color from in the system? I mean is it the accent color?
calibre doesnt get the colors, Qt does. I dont know the details of how it derives its palette from the system colors.

Quote:
Is there not a way of preventing Calibre from taking the system colors and just setting it to the previous default it had?
Nope, since the previous default was to use the system colors, there is no previous default to go to.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 12:11 AM   #8
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
However Calibre now shows up as the same tan/khaki colors as the background of this text.
If you're on Windows 10/11, open start menu, type in 'night light,' click the item that appears, and see if it's turned on.

Quote:
Windows 10/11 has one built-in. I don't remember if it's enabled by default though.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 10-09-2022 at 12:16 AM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 12:20 AM   #9
Rellwood

I had checked that night light setting and it was slid off, but I rechecked it and when I toggled it again, the screen got back to where it should be. It's much better now! I couldn't get past the fact that I was unable to get a proper grey tone.

THANKS!
Old 10-09-2022, 12:21 AM   #10
Rellwood

Quote:

I like using this tiny program to adjust colors for my taste:
https://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/...ma-Panel.shtml

if you're new to it, be careful with the sliders
Also, I realized my reading glasses had the blue filter for glare and computers. Changed them out. LOL
Old 10-09-2022, 12:54 AM   #11
Comfy.n

Quote:
Also, I realized my reading glasses had the blue filter for glare and computers. Changed them out. LOL