Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-27-2024, 04:43 AM   #1
Viras
Viras began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
Post-jailbreak & renameotabin reverted into original patch without Mkk folder

Hello!

After many attempts at the jailbreak I finally managed to get it working and I had KUAL working. I ran renameotabin and confirmed that updates were no longer possible.

However here's the problem: I wanted to finally setup Wi-Fi and had the managed device issue. I foolishly did the `;demo` steps and it rebooted. However now the Mkk folder is missing and I can't run the hotfix again because the update is grayed out. Am I screwed or is there something way to recover from this awkward device state?
Viras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2024, 06:09 AM   #2
Marek
Zealot
Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4 :(, KT5, PB628, PW5
Reboot twice see what happens
Marek is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2024, 06:52 AM   #3
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle PW1
You can't use "Update Your Kindle" while OTA binaries are renamed, it's a known fact.

Reboot twice and then check if ";log mrpi" command is working or not.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2024, 10:47 AM   #4
Viras

Rebooted twice and tried `;log mrpi` and it showed `MRPI is not installed.` in the top left.
Old 05-27-2024, 11:05 AM   #5
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle PW1
Ok. Now downlaod MRPI, extract and copy it to Kindle, and then add the hotfix bin into "mrpackages" folder then eject from your computer and re-run ;log mrpi.
When it installs the hotfix do 2 more reboot, again. Then check if you now have mkk folder.

MRPI: https://storage.gra.cloud.ovh.net/v1...-r19303.tar.xz

Hotfix: https://storage.gra.cloud.ovh.net/v1...5.x-hotfix.zip

Last edited by shamanNS; 05-27-2024 at 11:14 AM.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2024, 11:42 AM   #6
Viras

Well that was easy Worked perfectly! Thanks for the quick fix.