Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-19-2014, 10:45 AM   #1
Robmonster
Wizard!
Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Voyage + Oasis2
PW1 Vs Voyage Battery

Evening all,

Does anyone else think that the Voyage battery life is shorter than the Paperwhite?

I upgraded to a voyage from a pw1 as soon as the voyage was released. I use it pretty much the same as I used the PW, but I'm noticing the battery seems to deplete faster.

I'm, not saying it has bad battery life, but to my mid it does need charging more often. the battery indicator drops off faster.

Does anyone else have the same experience?
Robmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 10:53 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robmonster View Post
Does anyone else think that the Voyage battery life is shorter than the Paperwhite?
A little shorter, yes, but not inconveniently so. I can still go away for a week's holiday, knowing that no matter how much I read, I won't need to recharge my Voyage. I imagine that the higher-resolution screen needs more power to update, because it has a lot more pixels.

Last edited by HarryT; 12-19-2014 at 11:03 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2014, 08:06 PM   #3
yarnmama
Constant Reader
yarnmama doesn't litteryarnmama doesn't litteryarnmama doesn't litter

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Voyage, Oasis
I have a PW2 and a Voyage. The Voyage definitely requires more frequent charging. For my reading habit which tends to be 1-2 hours a day I need to charge once every week to 10 days on the Voyage where it was about once every 2-3 weeks with my PW.
yarnmama is offline   Reply With Quote