Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-27-2024, 08:28 AM   #1
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO.PocketBook.ONYX
Pocketbook Inkpad 4 New Update : 6.8.3614

Inkpad 4 New Update : 6.8.3614

- Finally, more than a half year later, Pocketbook has released a new update for the Inkpad 4 device: 6.8.3614

** For those who want to install the update now, I leave the link available

DOWNLOAD LINK : https://download.pocketbook-int.com/....3614_user.zip

For the time being, we do not fully know which fixes and improvements this update will bring, it can already be downloaded from the Pocketbook server, but it will be displayed on the pocketbook pages within a few days.

It is possible that the device is a little faster, but this may be caused by a fresh installation, so far I have not noticed any significant changes.

Only prediction relaseNote :

The prediction of changes can be as follows, since it is the same HW base and mostly the same fixes for all products.

Core changes
  • 1. Support of the new Dropbox authorization schema.
  • Reading program
  • 1. Resolved the issue of possible inverted illustrations in some books of CBZ format when
  • Dark mode is enabled.
  • 2. Fixed the problem that some books in CBZ format were displayed without covers in
  • Library application.
  • 3. Fixed the problem that for some epub files the current reading page was not saved
  • when closing a book.
  • 4. Fixed an issue that may have prevented covers of some books in epub format from
  • being displayed on the device’s Main Menu.
  • 5. Fixed an issue that could cause not accurate selection of words in epub-format books
  • when creating highlightin notes mode.
  • 6. Fixed an issue that may have caused some parts of text to be missed in some books in
  • EPUB format.

Browser app
  • 1. Added functionality of informing the website about the current color scheme, depending
  • on whether Dark mode is enabled or not in the Browser application.
  • 2. Added functionality to invert the current web page when Dark mode is enabled in the
  • Browser application.

Other improvements
  • 1. Fixed an issue that may have caused some third-party dictionaries in .dic format not to
  • work on device.
  • 2. Fixed an issue that displayed the author’s name incorrectly in some audiobooks.
  • 3. Some wording improvements.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	inkpad4_new_update.png
Views:	415
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	208542   Click image for larger version

Name:	Inkpad_4_Dropbox.png
Views:	221
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	208582  

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 05-30-2024 at 07:51 AM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2024, 04:05 AM   #2
Ruff_d
Ruff_d began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IC3
Can you see if the inkpad color 3 got also an update?
Ruff_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2024, 12:03 PM   #3
dmalinovsky
Enthusiast
dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff_d View Post
Can you see if the inkpad color 3 got also an update?
Its last version is 6.8.2480 from Nov 7th: https://pocketbook.ch/en-ch/support
dmalinovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2024, 03:04 AM   #4
Ruff_d
Ruff_d began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IC3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmalinovsky View Post
Its last version is 6.8.2480 from Nov 7th: https://pocketbook.ch/en-ch/support
Sure, I know. If you go to Inkpad 4, it also shows you an old version. Therefore I thought Michal Jancik looked directly into their file listing....
Ruff_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2024, 09:01 AM   #5
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff_d View Post
Sure, I know. If you go to Inkpad 4, it also shows you an old version. Therefore I thought Michal Jancik looked directly into their file listing....
No new update for the Inkpad Color 3 device is currently available on the OTA servers (in preparation) sorry.

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 05-29-2024 at 09:03 AM.
Advert
Old 05-30-2024, 07:37 AM   #6
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English

Support of the new Dropbox authorization schema.
Reading program
: I can confirm that DropBox and its previous login problem are fixed in this new version.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 05-30-2024 at 07:40 AM.
Old 06-08-2024, 04:20 PM   #7
EbokJunkie
Addict
EbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle PW, Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook Touch, Sony 950, 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Jancik View Post
Support of the new Dropbox authorization schema.
Reading program
: I can confirm that DropBox and its previous login problem are fixed in this new version.

Spoiler:
I'm in the USA and my link to https://pocketbook.ch/en-ch shows the last fw version as 6.8.2015. Is it OK to install 6.8.3614 at Inkpad4 purchased at Amazon from Pocketbook International?
EbokJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:29 AM   #8
Cyfranek
Groupie
Cyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: PocketBok Era, Kindle Oasis 3, Bookeen Diva HD
It should works as well. E-readers are the same usually. Some of them made for Russian market were different, but not for the Western ones.
Cyfranek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:06 AM   #9
kaznelson
Old Kaz
kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfranek View Post
Some of them made for Russian market were different, but not for the Western ones.
It doesn't matter. The firmware is the same for global and regional models.
kaznelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:25 AM   #10
kornfield
kornfield began at the beginning.

Device: inkpad 4
I have an Inkpad 4 bought with Vivlio. I have tried to update from the Vivlio version with the new version of Inkpad, but it does not work.
Previously, I had an Inkpad 3 and I had no problem to do it.
Could you help me ?
kornfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:23 PM   #11
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English

Quote:
Originally Posted by kornfield View Post
I have an Inkpad 4 bought with Vivlio. I have tried to update from the Vivlio version with the new version of Inkpad, but it does not work.
Previously, I had an Inkpad 3 and I had no problem to do it.
Could you help me ?
Hi KornField

It depends on what you mean by "it doesn't work".
I also installed the PB version on the book reader from Vivlio, no problem.

I switched to the PB version for some services that Vivolo doesn't cover, besides I don't buy books from Culture. If you buy books from Cultura, you will lose access to magasin Cultura after updating to PB.

Last edited by Michal Jancik; Today at 12:25 PM.