Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Yesterday, 05:46 AM   #1
AdrianusA
AdrianusA began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO
Transfer from desktop/Calibre to Kobo Clara BW not working

A question about transferring books from Caliber to Kobo Clara BW. I bought a new Kobo Clara at the beginning of May and filled the Kobo with books from my Caliber library without any problems. Now I want to set up new books again and it doesn't work. Caliber indicates that the Kobo is connected and also that the selected books are/have been transported. Can also see with Caliber that they are on the device, but when I disconnect they are not in my books on the Kobo. Also tried other books but without results.
My old Kobo works without any problems. Anyone have an idea what this could be
AdrianusA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:58 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
When you safely eject your Clara BW, does it go into the importing books screen? What directory are you sending your books to? If you open the configuration for the KoboTouch (or KoboTouchExtended) driver, what is the template at the bottom of the first page?

For example, mine is "Elib/{author_sort:sublist(0,1,&)}/{title} - {authors:sublist(0,1,&)}" which places any books sent in the Elib directory in the root of the exposed storage. Within that directory, books are sent to directories based on the first entry in the author sort list with the filenames based on the book title and the first entry in the author names. I.e. Mage Assassins & Other Misfits by Annette Marie & Rob Jacobsen would be saved as:

Elib/Marie, Annette/Mage Assassins & Other Misfits - Annette Marie.epub
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-06-09 105217.png
Views:	12
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	208767  
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 08:26 AM   #3
AdrianusA
AdrianusA began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO
Thank you DNSB for your reaction.
we have two Kobo Readers. I have a Kobo Clara HD an my wife a Kobo Clara BW. The problem is with the BW.
They have both the same formats to send to the Kobo reader -->
{author_sort}/{title} - {authors}
However you mentioned that this placed every book send in the root of the exposed storage.
When I connect the reader to my desktop I also can look in (G:\ KOBOeReader) the map what is on the reader.
Both readers shows in this map list (the books) a map called "Digital Editions" in that map is a new map mentioned "Annotations" and in that map are showed the books as Type ANNOT.
The transferred books I cannot find/see on my wife's Ereader are in the "books" map list, however not in the map called "Digital Editions" and in Annotations.
In my reader all books showed in the book map list are also in the Annotations map.
So I think that is the problem why they are not showed, however how can I solve this?
AdrianusA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:19 AM   #4
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->L2->iOS/CBW
Maybe your database is corrupted on the Kobo? Can you force re-scan of your library?
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote