Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-05-2024, 05:11 AM   #1
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra Colour
Japanese dictionary

I'm trying to read in Japanese. My level is beginner in that language Is there a way to add a a Japanese to English, or better Japanese to French dictionary on my brand new libra color (and on my sage). If so, can someone explain the way to do it for a non tech person? Thanks a lot for your help
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2024, 07:29 AM   #2
pierre71
pierre71 has not lost his or her sense of wonder.pierre71 has not lost his or her sense of wonder.pierre71 has not lost his or her sense of wonder.pierre71 has not lost his or her sense of wonder.pierre71 has not lost his or her sense of wonder.pierre71 has not lost his or her sense of wonder.pierre71 has not lost his or her sense of wonder.pierre71 has not lost his or her sense of wonder.pierre71 has not lost his or her sense of wonder.pierre71 has not lost his or her sense of wonder.pierre71 has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: kobo libra 2
Salut !

I do not think there is one available for the default kobo device (i may be wrong).
If this is true, you still have an option to use a japanese dictionary on top of koreader.

I always use koreader so I did not even try to find a dictionary with the "default" kobo mode.

Anyways:

- koreader:
https://github.com/koreader/koreader...n-Kobo-devices

- japanese dictionary:
https://github.com/koreader/koreader...panese-Support

It will give you an experience similar to what you may experience with the chrome/firefox yomichan plugin.
pierre71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2024, 09:17 AM   #3
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I didn't even know there was such a plugging for chrome or Firefox. Thank you for your answer

How do I install koreader, have I have to uninstall kobo software? I have had my Libra coulour just for a month or about, will it vacuate the warranty?

Sorry if my questions are dumb...
Old 06-05-2024, 10:18 AM   #4
pierre71
pierre71 has not lost his or her sense of wonder.pierre71 has not lost his or her sense of wonder.pierre71 has not lost his or her sense of wonder.pierre71 has not lost his or her sense of wonder.pierre71 has not lost his or her sense of wonder.pierre71 has not lost his or her sense of wonder.pierre71 has not lost his or her sense of wonder.pierre71 has not lost his or her sense of wonder.pierre71 has not lost his or her sense of wonder.pierre71 has not lost his or her sense of wonder.pierre71 has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: kobo libra 2
I do not think it has an impact on the guarantee (but I am not a lawyer...)

Read the Koreder link.
Then focus on the "semi automated method". It points to this forum thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=314220

(the 2nd post describe the process to follow according to your computer OS).
pierre71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2024, 11:50 AM   #5
vice-versa
whippet addict

So I read all you pointed me to, but I'm lost, I just can't understand half of what is explained. I'll have to find an other way to have a japanese dictionary.

Though thanks for your help
Advert
Old 06-06-2024, 07:06 PM   #6
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Japanese dictionary

I recently came across this J-E dictionary for Kobo, but haven’t installed it and tested it out yet. https://perm.cessen.com/2023/kobo_dictionary/
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2024, 12:41 AM   #7
vice-versa
whippet addict

Thanks, I'll see if I understand what to do ��
Old 06-07-2024, 01:13 AM   #8
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
I went ahead and installed it. It seems to work fine. I don’t know if it’ll meet your needs, but all you have to do is stick it in .kobo/custom-dict/.

The first pic is from my Libra Colour, and the second is from my Elipsa 1.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4655.png
Views:	20
Size:	207.2 KB
ID:	208729Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4654.png
Views:	16
Size:	314.1 KB
ID:	208730

My LC is natively English, so highlighting Japanese words in vertical text is a bit fiddly. Doesn’t always work.

My Elipsa is natively Japanese and it doesn’t have the selection problems that the English language LC does.

I just chose two words at random. Is there something that you’re specifically looking for? You could probably just install it yourself and get the answer faster.

Last edited by Cootey; 06-07-2024 at 02:11 AM.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:09 PM   #9
vice-versa
whippet addict

oh that seems at my reach at last I'll give a try