Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-30-2024, 04:24 PM   #1501
LuisNeto
LuisNeto began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I don't understand why there is this thread that goes on for years, supposedly for people to report various bugs. It just doesn't seem right.
Each bug should be on its own thread.

Am I missing something here?
Why isn't this thread simply locked?
LuisNeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2024, 04:30 PM   #1502
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisNeto View Post
I don't understand why there is this thread that goes on for years, supposedly for people to report various bugs. It just doesn't seem right.
Each bug should be on its own thread.

Am I missing something here?
Why isn't this thread simply locked?
Not sure why we would need a separate thread for each bug or possible bug. This is not an official Kobo support forum though in the dim distant past there were some Kobo people who posted on MobileRead before they were driven out.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2024, 06:11 PM   #1503
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This is a thread for us to rant about Kobo bugs and perhaps find solutions with each others' help. It's not about actually getting bugs fixed, since we don't work at Kobo.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2024, 03:44 PM   #1504
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
This is a thread for us to rant about Kobo bugs and perhaps find solutions with each others' help. It's not about actually getting bugs fixed, since we don't work at Kobo.
Oh. I thought this thread was here to collect all the bugs in one place so that the ranting doesn't pollute the rest of the forum with piles of threads about bugs we can't fix.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2024, 05:50 PM   #1505
LuisNeto

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Not sure why we would need a separate thread for each bug or possible bug. This is not an official Kobo support forum though in the dim distant past there were some Kobo people who posted on MobileRead before they were driven out.
My point has nothing to do whether this is an official Kobo forum or not.
This general bug thread that has been going on for years has no focus. How can people talk about multiple bugs without it being confusing?
Taken that point of view further, you could even make a point that all the discussions here about Kobo (not just bugs) could exist under a single thread. Or even the entire forum.

Each bug represents a topic around which a conversation can happen. It should be in its own thread, to keep things organised, focused and encourage participation.
That way, other users are more likely to find threads about bugs they are experiencing and are more likely to contribute to the conversation.
Old 06-02-2024, 05:55 PM   #1506
LuisNeto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
It's not about actually getting bugs fixed, since we don't work at Kobo.
I don't see what this has to do. Threads keep things organised and encourage participation.
See my other response here.
Old 06-02-2024, 06:12 PM   #1507
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
And that would require someone to curate the bugs who has access to multiple Kobo ereaders and the skills require to decide which are real bugs, which are people misunderstanding the operation of their Kobo or other software and which are PEBKAC issues. Sorry but I did that as part of my employment. It was time consuming to curate the reported bugs, try to reproduce them and report them to the appropriate entity.

Are you volunteering to start and maintain multiple threads for Kobo bugs?

FWIW, some of the bugs posted here have been reported to Kobo if they are reproducible by someone who cares to do so.

Would you have preferred a thread title such as Vent and Rant About Potential Kobo Bugs Thread?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pocket app