Notices

Old Today, 01:00 PM   #9676
John Maverick
Connoisseur
John Maverick began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
FFF used to use the story URL without title for scribblehub, the title was added to the canonical story URL four years ago, when somebody asked for chapter titles to be accepted. I don't remember if that was also requested, but it is something that was requested for other sites around the same time.
I think I was one of those that asked for FFF accepting chapter URLs from scribblehub so I can update stories from my email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
FFF has special code for finding ffnet story URLs regardless of title in the URL. I'm not really keen on trying to make it more universal.
I was hoping that the URL normalization was more easy to fix here.

I'm not in front of my PC now, but I think that with the function of getting URLs from email there is an option to ignore those of stories that aren't in the library.

I can pass the "Get URLs from Email" the first time to get only the stories already in the library. And after checking the emails not read if those are not of stories already in the library. Then get the emails checked by disable that option. Or add them manually if those are few.

I can do that to avoid what happened 2 days ago of downloading a whole story of 553 chapters that was already in may library and only needed do be updated with the last two.

A bit of a shame because I can't do things like sending myself a email with stories to download if I'm reading out of my house. Not is easy as before, but at least is usable.

Thanks for checking this JimmXinu
John Maverick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:41 PM   #9677
MorbPtact
MorbPtact began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
That output looks more than a little weird. It looks like trying to update the plugin, not trying to run the plugin. If it is, you might try downloading the plugin manually from the first post of the thread and installing it directly (Calibre Preferences > Plugins > Load Plugin from file button).

What OS are you on? And are you using the official Calibre release?
I'm on windows 11, with the official release, and that's the text that pops up when I press download new plugins. I was just using it as an example; I don't need to download the plugin as I already have it.

My main question was about using
[overrides]
[www.royalroad.com]
use_ssl_unverified_context:true

and if I wrote it correctly (I don't really understand how personal.ini is supposed to be used), and if so, why doesn't it work

Thanks again
Morb
MorbPtact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:21 PM   #9678
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbPtact View Post
I'm on windows 11, with the official release, and that's the text that pops up when I press download new plugins. I was just using it as an example; I don't need to download the plugin as I already have it.
Okay, but if you're having troubles with that, your Calibre may be broken in some fundamental way I can't help you address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbPtact View Post
My main question was about using

and if I wrote it correctly (I don't really understand how personal.ini is supposed to be used), and if so, why doesn't it work
In this example:
Code:
[overrides]
[www.royalroad.com]
use_ssl_unverified_context:true
The [overrides] section doesn't do anything because there are no lines in it before the [www.royalroad.com] section starts. It's not a modifier. See wiki page about personal.ini.

Other than that, I don't see anything wrong. Technically, the use_ssl_unverified_context setting isn't really recommended for long term use--it's more intended for temporary use when sites forget to renew certs, things like that. It's not officially supported.

I'd need to see a debug log of your failure to tell anything further. 'Restart in debug mode' is under Calibre Preferences dropdown.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfiction