Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-07-2024, 06:12 PM   #691
kokku
kokku began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2018 model 16 gb
KFX conversion failed:

First foremost, thank you for the excellent plugin!!

Encountered below error for some books:
=========================

calibre, version 7.12.0
ERROR: KFX conversion failed: <p><b>Cannot convert Easy way to learn KP Theory of Short Prediction (TSP): KP Astrology</b><br><br>Exception('This book has a layout that is incompatible with calibre conversion. For best results use either the From KFX user interface plugin or the KFX Input plugin CLI for conversion. See the KFX Input plugin documentation for more information.')</p>

My Kindle device is Kindle Paperwhite 11th gen.
used Kindle PC version 2.0 ( 70301) to download and convert files

Recently downloaded lot of book from 2023 KFX and I was able to convert.
Recently downloaded 3 books and all were reporting the above errors during conversion.

Appreciate your help and support.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KFX error.png
Views:	15
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	208743  
kokku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2024, 06:20 PM   #692
kokku
kokku began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2018 model 16 gb
Books with KFX conversion errors

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08KWLP6RZ - 2 Books
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09DVCWQLS
kokku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2024, 07:29 PM   #693
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
For what it may be worth, none of the books are readable on an Eink Kindle and the description says that it is a Print Replica book which downloads on my Android tablet as a azw4 file.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-06-07 162832.png
Views:	14
Size:	129.6 KB
ID:	208745  

Last edited by DNSB; 06-07-2024 at 07:35 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2024, 08:56 PM   #694
Michael Andersen
Michael Andersen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Kindle eBooks to Kobo

Problem now fixed. Thanks everybody.

New older member. Just purchased a Kobo. Very happy. Trying to convert Kindle eBooks. Downloaded Calibre Version 7.12, transferred Kindle books in, tried to convert, no luck, DRM protected. Have downloaded DeDRM, and tried to install in Calibre. Error message received is;

calibre, version 7.12.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>InvalidPlugin</b>:The plugin in 'E:\\Users\\Michael\\Downloads\\DeDRM_tools_10.0.9 .zip' is invalid. It does not contain a top-level __init__.py file

calibre 7.12 embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.19045-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19045')
Python 3.11.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19045', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
EXE path: C:\Program Files\Calibre2\calibre.exe
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (2, 12, 0) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (2, 12, 0) && Barnes & Noble (1, 5, 5) && Extract ISBN (1, 6, 3) && Fantastic Fiction (1, 7, 0) && Fantastic Fiction Adults (1, 3, 1) && FictionDB (1, 4, 2) && Generate Cover (2, 3, 4) && Goodreads (1, 8, 1) && ISFDB3 (1, 4, 0) && Job Spy (1, 0, 239) && K2pdfopt Plugin (0, 5, 4) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (2, 12, 0) && From KFX (2, 12, 0) && KFX Input (2, 12, 0) && Set KFX metadata (from KFX Output) (2, 8, 0) && KFX Output (2, 8, 0) && Kobo Books (1, 9, 2) && Kobo Metadata (1, 5, 0) && Kobo Utilities (2, 16, 13) && Perrypedia (1, 9, 0) && Search The Internet (1, 11, 2) && Skoob Books (1, 5, 5) && Standard Ebooks (1, 0, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\preferences\plugins.py", line 322, in add_plugin
File "calibre\customize\ui.py", line 525, in add_plugin
File "calibre\customize\ui.py", line 76, in load_plugin
File "calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 297, in load
File "calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 392, in _locate_code
calibre.customize.InvalidPlugin: The plugin in 'E:\\Users\\Michael\\Downloads\\DeDRM_tools_10.0.9 .zip' is invalid. It does not contain a top-level __init__.py file

Can you help please?[/QUOTE]
Michael Andersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2024, 09:14 PM   #695
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Unzip the DeDRM_tools_10.0.9.zip file to extract the two .zip files inside it.
Old 06-08-2024, 02:05 AM   #696
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokku View Post
This book has a layout that is incompatible with calibre conversion. For best results use either the From KFX user interface plugin or the KFX Input plugin CLI for conversion. See the KFX Input plugin documentation for more information.
See the section titled "From KFX" toolbar action in the first post of this thread.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2024, 09:50 PM   #697
Kluyg
Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Sony PRS-950
Hi! I'm using "KFX Input" plugin to convert my Kindle Scribe notebooks to ePub. The new Kindle Scribe firmware (5.16.9) introduced a new feature - support for "per page" notebook templates. When trying to convert a notebook that uses "per page" templates feature, I get the following error:

Code:
ERROR: section cxl0JYIquQ_yu1yd2nlYRTw1 has extra data: {nmdl.template_id: zxl0JYIquQ_yu1yd2nlYRTw6}
ERROR: section cxl0JYIquQ_yu1yd2nlYRTw12 has extra data: {nmdl.template_id: zxl0JYIquQ_yu1yd2nlYRTw2G}
ERROR: section cxl0JYIquQ_yu1yd2nlYRTw1E has extra data: {nmdl.template_id: zxl0JYIquQ_yu1yd2nlYRTw6}
The notebook is still converted successfully but all pages use the same "default" template, all "per page" templates are lost.

Is there a tracking bug on GitHub? I would be interested in poking around to maybe add "per page" support for the "KFX Input" plugin.
UPDATE: I couldn't find the source code hosted anywhere, so I just uploaded it to GitHub, since the license seems to be GPLv3, please let me know if that's not OK: https://github.com/kluyg/calibre-kfx-input

Looks like the support is almost there, since I see that each page references the template it's using and all templates are recognized by the plugin:
Code:
Notebook template: medium_rule_1860x2480
Notebook template: daily_planner_1860x2480
Full command and output:
Spoiler:
strebkov-mac:~ strebkov$ /Applications/calibre.app/Contents/MacOS/calibre-debug -r "KFX Input" -- /Users/strebkov/kindle_scribe/.notebooks/1850ba62-93b2-8d4a-2b29-ce734b002402 ~/kindle_scribe/converted_notebooks/mynotebook-2.epub
Software versions: KFX Input 2.12.0, calibre 7.12, macOS-14.5-arm64-arm-64bit
KFX Input plugin help is available at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=291290

Processing /Users/strebkov/kindle_scribe/.notebooks/1850ba62-93b2-8d4a-2b29-ce734b002402
Processing container: /Users/strebkov/kindle_scribe/.notebooks/1850ba62-93b2-8d4a-2b29-ce734b002402/nbk
Removed 1 KDF SQLite file fingerprint(s)
Found local_action_fragments table
Found local_delta_fragments table
Adding 37 missing fragments from local_delta_fragments
Features: db.delta_update-1, db.schema-1, max_id-825, note-2
Metadata: book_id=GcZ60iWhREaLqvFLR-_d-w0, reading_orders=2
Converting /Users/strebkov/kindle_scribe/.notebooks/1850ba62-93b2-8d4a-2b29-ce734b002402 to EPUB
Converting book to EPUB 3
Book symbol format is base64
ERROR: section cxl0JYIquQ_yu1yd2nlYRTw1 has extra data: {nmdl.template_id: zxl0JYIquQ_yu1yd2nlYRTw6}
ERROR: section cxl0JYIquQ_yu1yd2nlYRTw12 has extra data: {nmdl.template_id: zxl0JYIquQ_yu1yd2nlYRTw2G}
ERROR: section cxl0JYIquQ_yu1yd2nlYRTw1E has extra data: {nmdl.template_id: zxl0JYIquQ_yu1yd2nlYRTw6}
Format is fixed layout notebook
Converted book saved to /Users/strebkov/kindle_scribe/converted_notebooks/mynotebook-2.epub

Last edited by Kluyg; 06-08-2024 at 10:56 PM.
Kluyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2024, 11:17 PM   #698
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluyg View Post
Hi! I'm using "KFX Input" plugin to convert my Kindle Scribe notebooks to ePub. The new Kindle Scribe firmware (5.16.9) introduced a new feature - support for "per page" notebook templates. When trying to convert a notebook that uses "per page" templates feature, I get the following error:
From message #685 in this thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
The next release of KFX Input will handle Scribe notebooks that use multiple templates. Thanks for the sample.
Old Yesterday, 02:43 AM   #699
Kluyg
Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Got it, will wait for the new version.
Old Yesterday, 03:51 AM   #700
Kluyg

Actually, I managed to add support for Scribe notebooks that use multiple templates. It turned out to be a small change, but maybe a bit hacky: https://github.com/kluyg/calibre-kfx...64804f757e0fbc

I wonder what the proper fix from jhowell would look like. In the meantime, if you can't wait, I'm attaching version 2.12.1 which supports Kindle Scribe notebooks with per page templates.

Spoiler:
Code:
strebkov-mac:~ strebkov$ calibre-debug -r "KFX Input" -- /Users/strebkov/kindle_scribe/.notebooks/1850ba62-93b2-8d4a-2b29-ce734b002402 ~/kindle_scribe/converted_notebooks/mynotebook-2-new.epub
Software versions: KFX Input 2.12.1, calibre 7.12, macOS-14.5-arm64-arm-64bit
KFX Input plugin help is available at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291290

Processing /Users/strebkov/kindle_scribe/.notebooks/1850ba62-93b2-8d4a-2b29-ce734b002402
Processing container: /Users/strebkov/kindle_scribe/.notebooks/1850ba62-93b2-8d4a-2b29-ce734b002402/nbk
Removed 1 KDF SQLite file fingerprint(s)
Found local_action_fragments table
Found local_delta_fragments table
Adding 37 missing fragments from local_delta_fragments
Features: db.delta_update-1, db.schema-1, max_id-825, note-2
Metadata: book_id=GcZ60iWhREaLqvFLR-_d-w0, reading_orders=2
Converting /Users/strebkov/kindle_scribe/.notebooks/1850ba62-93b2-8d4a-2b29-ce734b002402 to EPUB
Converting book to EPUB 3
Book symbol format is base64
Format is fixed layout notebook
Converted book saved to /Users/strebkov/kindle_scribe/converted_notebooks/mynotebook-2-new.epub
Attached Files
File Type: zip KFX Input.zip (610.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: epub mynotebook-2-new.epub (65.2 KB, 4 views)
Old Yesterday, 05:09 AM   #701
FragileTitanium
FragileTitanium began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Hello, don't know if this is the correct place to post this issue. Hope you will forgive me if it isn't.
I'm trying to convert a KPF file (wrapped PDF) to a KFX file using KFX Output CLI, to be sideloaded on my Kindle Scribe as a writable PDF. I opened command prompt and went to the directory where the KPF file is, and copy-pasted instructions by jhowell's found in this forum. So i pasted this on command prompt: calibre-debug -r "KFX Output" -- "filename.kpf". (filename obviously sobsitutes the name of the file for privacy). Then I get a syntax error:

>>> calibre-debug -r "KFX Output" -- "filename.kpf"
File "<console>", line 1
calibre-debug -r "KFX Output" -- "filename.kpf"
^^^^^^^^^^^^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

All plugins are correctly installed in Calibre and work well in the software.

Last edited by FragileTitanium; Yesterday at 05:12 AM.
FragileTitanium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:19 AM   #702
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 2.13.0 - 09 Jun 2024

Handle Scribe notebooks with templates used on individual pages. (Fixes "section xxx has extra data: {nmdl.template_id: yyy}")
Old Yesterday, 07:23 AM   #703
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluyg View Post
Actually, I managed to add support for Scribe notebooks that use multiple templates. It turned out to be a small change, but maybe a bit hacky: https://github.com/kluyg/calibre-kfx...64804f757e0fbc

I wonder what the proper fix from jhowell would look like. In the meantime, if you can't wait, I'm attaching version 2.12.1 which supports Kindle Scribe notebooks with per page templates.
I went ahead and released the updated plugin version. Your patch to the plugin is very similar to my own change.
Old Yesterday, 07:46 AM   #704
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FragileTitanium View Post
Hello, don't know if this is the correct place to post this issue. Hope you will forgive me if it isn't.
Technically you should be posting your question in the thread for the KFX Output plugin, not KFX Input. But it does not matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FragileTitanium View Post
>>> calibre-debug -r "KFX Output" -- "filename.kpf"
File "<console>", line 1
calibre-debug -r "KFX Output" -- "filename.kpf"
^^^^^^^^^^^^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
It appears from the error message that you are entering the calibre-debug command into a python interpreter. You need to instead use the appropriate method for enterring commands into your OS: Command Prompt for Windows, Terminal for MacOS, or a shell for Linux.

Added: It occurred to me after posting that you may have entered calibre-debug with no arguments which would have launched the Python included within calibre. If so you need to terminate that and start over.

Last edited by jhowell; Yesterday at 08:05 AM.
Old Today, 09:46 AM   #705
FragileTitanium
FragileTitanium began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Technically you should be posting your question in the thread for the KFX Output plugin, not KFX Input. But it does not matter.

It appears from the error message that you are entering the calibre-debug command into a python interpreter. You need to instead use the appropriate method for enterring commands into your OS: Command Prompt for Windows, Terminal for MacOS, or a shell for Linux.

Added: It occurred to me after posting that you may have entered calibre-debug with no arguments which would have launched the Python included within calibre. If so you need to terminate that and start over.
Thanks a lot, it worked! The final kfx file is writable and flawless. Keep on the good work.
FragileTitanium is offline   Reply With Quote