View Single Post
Old 02-06-2023, 09:49 AM   #22
Chiron scriba
Bücherwurm
Chiron scriba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chiron scriba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chiron scriba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chiron scriba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chiron scriba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chiron scriba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chiron scriba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chiron scriba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chiron scriba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chiron scriba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chiron scriba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by VladimirS View Post
Pocketbook's devices internal mechanism for dictionary usage
(work searching) is very poor.

Existence of great dictionaries that can be side-loaded is ruined
with cumbersome method for swiping to see any additional translations
which cannot be show all at once, so you have to swipe and wait for
picture to stabilise and regain clearity...

Do you have different experience with Pocketbook's distionary
usage during book reading ?
Actually not: after brief initial enthusiasm I had to conclude that the 'dictionary' is the most disappointing feature of my Touch Lux 3:

- It's slow and cumbersome

- Learning that "xquactioned" is the past participle of "xquaction" doesn't help much to understand what the hell it means.

- Trying to deepen the search takes forever and in most cases leads nowhere but to a string of expletives.

- When one eventually swallows his frustration and goes back to the book (provided that the firmware doesn't lead him elsewhere) he must go back a few pages and read them again to remember where he was.

All in all I'm getting nostalgic for the old, accursed, nosy Kindle where at least you could look up "apple" and learn at once that it's an edible fruit.
Chiron scriba is offline   Reply With Quote