View Single Post
Old 03-10-2024, 04:42 AM   #3
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgsmom View Post
Update: I just got back from my local B&N. This is not a trade-in program. They are getting ready to retire those readers so they will no longer connect to the servers. When you enter the serial number of your reader you are emailed a coupon code for the $50 discount on the Glowlight 4e which you can use online or in store.
Thanks for the heads up. My 91 year-old father currently uses a Kindle 3 (keyboard) but before that he used a Nook Simple Touch. I think he liked the Simple Touch better but something happened to it (probably the battery). I thought about sending him a different eReader but the more features they have the less he likes them. The Glowlight 4e might be a good option. Something similar to what he was familiar with, but with a new battery, a front light and a touch screen.

I've got the coupon now. I may or may not use it, but it gives me an option.

Do you know if the 4e allows use of all of its memory, or is this another Nook that partitions the memory? (I guess I can look that up, but it probably doesn't matter as I'll put the same books (about 100 of them) that he already has on his other reader.)

Again, thanks.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote