View Single Post
Old 01-08-2024, 02:15 AM   #1
hildea
Wizard
hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux (had Onyx Boox Poke 3 and BeBook Neo earlier)
Smile The Reading Joy & Delight Thread

This is a sibling to "The Reading Vent & Rant Thread", for the times when something about books or reading makes you happy

I'm in a bit of a reading slump and can't make myself start new novels, even though I have the latest Murderbot on my ereader and know that I'll enjoy it. But during the holidays I had a lot of fun reading the roleplaying/storytelling game Good Society, printing out the play materials, and thinking about running a game. It's a game for creating stories inspired by Jane Austen. I also have a couple of expansions: Sense, Sensibility and Swordsmanship for stories like The Scarlet Pimpernel and Zorro, and Pride, Prejudice and Practical Magics for stories like Shades of Milk and Honey and Sorcerer to the Crown. The game looks really interesting, and doesn't require a ton of homework to run, unlike many other roleplaying games.

I'm also rereading some of my favourite fanfiction, and there's a lot of really good writing out there.

So while a (partial) reading slump is annoying, it's good to still be able to enjoy reading!
hildea is online now   Reply With Quote