View Single Post
Old 05-03-2024, 08:21 PM   #980
Mister L
Groupie
Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Sony 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Although it is possible to do this in a plugboard, it is the most difficult approach.
Glad I decided to ask for help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
The right approach is to use a custom "column built from other columns" where the template computes the collection name. You don't say whether the collection value is a constant, the name of the publisher, or something else. If it is the name of the publisher then a template like this could work:
Code:
program:
	str_in_list('Baen, Daw, Orbit, Tom Doherty Associates', ',', $publisher, $publisher, '')
EDIT: You could do it without a custom column by using the "Collections Template" option in the Kobo driver. Depending on your "rules" the template above could work.
Thank you! I think the Collections template could be perfect, if I can use it on top of the other collections columns I already use?

If it's easiest, I could use the publisher name for the collection and change the books I have marked manually, but I would like to keep the collections I already was using if I can.

One publisher name is "BEL Editions" and the collection name is "BEL", and another one is "Bibebook" and the collection is "dp". Would the template look like this?

Code:
program:
	str_in_list('BEL Editions, Bibebook', ',', $BEL, $dp, '')
Or do I need to make one rule per collection?

Code:
program:
	str_in_list('BEL Editions', ',', $BEL, '')
        str_in_list('Bibebook', ',', $dp, '')
Mister L is offline   Reply With Quote