View Single Post
Old 04-22-2024, 01:48 PM   #45
Frostbite
Enthusiast
Frostbite can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Frostbite can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Frostbite can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Frostbite can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Frostbite can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Frostbite can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Frostbite can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Frostbite can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Frostbite can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Frostbite can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Frostbite can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I like the PocketBook interface and features also. I especially like that ADE is built-in so, in a pinch, I can borrow or buy directly on the PocketBook — and not just from one (designated) eBook store. It's actually easier, however, to buy from an eBook store (like ebooks.com) with my computer and just send the ACSM file to the PocketBook using Send-to-PocketBook via email (or directly, via USB cable). Same with borrowing from Overdrive. I like to turn my eReaders off completely when not reading (battery lasts much longer between charges this way). Only my PocketBook Touch HD 3 can be up and running in about 5 seconds. The Nook, Tolino and Kobo take much longer.

That said, I can read on any of them. I use the same font on all of my own books, so the Nook using "Publisher's Font" along with the others where I sideload the font to the device) can use Constantia, so the pages look pretty much the same. Since I don't normally use KePub, the page numbers are the same even on the Kobo, so I can sync simply by going to the page number I left off on — on any ePub reader.

I don't consider my PocketBook slow, but I don't do a lot of organizing with Calibre — just mostly read.
Great, pretty much how I use the InkPad 4 currently. I just want to read and it works. Calibre is my library manager, but I backup all books (files) on my NAS device separately as well. I also use one (default) font for every book, sometimes I just increase the font size (between 12 to 14 pt).
Frostbite is offline   Reply With Quote