View Single Post
Old 04-16-2024, 04:41 PM   #54
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Pocketbook, Onyx, Bigme etc have been pursuing niches at a high price unserved by others and are pretty small. The Libra Colour will hurt them more than it helps Kobo.
I'm not privy to PocketBook's sales figures, but they don't seem to be slowing down on their color E-Ink readers. Coming soon is the InkPad Eo, a 10.3" color tablet that runs on Android and the Era Color, a 7" color version of their Era. These will be added to the two color models they're currently selling, the InkPad Color 2 and 3 (their 7.8" models). (I'm guessing the InkPad Color 2 will soon go away.)

Quote:
Judging by the size of the companies doing colour eink till now there are few buying it, and that's a niche within eink that itself is a niche dominated by Amazon Kindle with Kobo at #2.
I agree that color E-Ink readers are a niche within a niche, but PocketBook doesn't seem to be faltering. They do seem to be the innovators in the color eReader market, however. And now that they sell on Amazon, they've at least partially opened up the U.S. market.

Quote:
Also look at numbers of views and posts on each make on the forum.
Before Reddit got rid of their compact view (and I quit going to their forums), there were quite a few people asking about (and buying) PocketBooks (Kobo and PocketBook were often the choices when they didn't want Kindles). But those who post on forums are also a small niche within a niche (as you say).
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote