View Single Post
Old 04-16-2024, 10:37 AM   #51
rantanplan
Weirdo
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tolino Shine Color, Tolino Vision 6, Kobo Clara 2E, Boox Note Air 2+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Baffled. Kobo ereader side is already the best. The note taking software is bought in and is crippled by the performance of eink. It was originally on the iPad, then Android and Windows and one of the best on Android or iOS, but eink limits it too much. No live preview of conversion possible as on other HW.

There really is hardly any SW difference for ebook rendering or GUI or notes with colour eink vs mono eink. The driving of the panel is the only significance difference to map the colours to what are now sub pixels (in reality the same mono ink pixels).
I have a Boox Note Air 2, and its note-taking app is just chef's kiss. There is a lot of jank on the device and the translation to English isn't always perfect, but note-taking is superb.

When I still had the (original) Elipsa, I was quite disappointed about the capabilities of the "smart notebooks", which were so slow and awkward to use. This may have gotten better, but it was so frustrating.

However, I'm fully aware, that Kobos are mostly advertised as reading devices with note-taking capabilities, and taking notes on books worked fairly well.

So overall, for what it's intended to do, it's fine, and the smart notebooks might be in a much better state than when I had my Elipsa.
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote