View Single Post
Old 04-15-2024, 06:27 PM   #5
Apollyon202
Apollyon202 doesn't litterApollyon202 doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara HD, Aura, Touch
I'm using my Libra 2 in sideloaded mode. First I load the books into Calibre to mostly just edit metadata and covers and convert them to epub. Then I use kepubify to convert the epubs to kepub, then copy the books manually to the kobo. After this I run covergen to put in grayscale and reconvert the covers of the books on the kobo.
This may seem like a lengthy procedure, but actually, it's just a few commands that take 1-2 minutes, and then I have a lot of books on the ereader.

I also have a couple of sideloaded fonts, altough for some reason I read only with the font named Metropolis. You can download it from github.
And the same things that most people do here on the forum. Nickelmenu, Nickelclock to keep track on time and battery while reading. As with most of the stuff I have with a rechargeable battery, I try to keep the battery between 30% and 80% of charge, which puts much fewer cycles on it and can extend the battery's lifetime. However, if we had the option of a replaceable battery, the latter wouldn't be as important.
Apollyon202 is offline   Reply With Quote