View Single Post
Old 04-10-2024, 08:19 AM   #10
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Hmm. I've always wondered why people use desktop clients. I've never used one; I access all my email online. The main reason for this is the size of my inbox - over 70 GB now, it would be hard to find enough space for it on my computer, even with its 1 TB drive (mostly full by now, due to my huge collection of hi-res wallpapers, movies/TV series and ebooks; I just love to hoard digital stuff). Also I live in a city and power failures or internet outages are very rare here, so that's another reason. For backup I do download my inbox regularly and store it on an external drive.

I guess a desktop client may come in handy if you use several email accounts, but I only really use one Gmail account for 99% of my email, so there goes the third reason for using a desktop client.

Last edited by Sirtel; 04-10-2024 at 08:24 AM.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote