View Single Post
Old 04-07-2024, 07:28 PM   #32
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Quote:
Originally Posted by st_albert View Post
However, cmake failed because libqt5svg-dev was not installed. After I installed it, everything worked as expected. So maybe that package should also be listed in the instructions.
Yes QtSvg was a very recent addition as a requirement for Sigil. You are right we should add it to the build docs.

Quote:
Second question: Given that the next upgrade of (K)ubuntu to 24.04, which is a long term support release, still seems to include Qt 5.15.x as far as I know (only looking at pre-Beta builds, but no hint that the final release will be 6.x that I can see), would you recommend going ahead and installing Qt6x, (which is in the repositories now), or just waiting until it finally shows up in the distribution?
I personally recommend going with Qt6 if at all possible. As Q5.15 is quite old and fixes are being delayed for over a year, and support for new platforms will not be backported to Qt5.15 anymore.

In addition, I no longer make Qt5 based releases, so it is not tested as much as Qt6 releases.

We think Qt 6.6.2 or Qt 6.6.3 are really quite stable. So if they are available to you, I would go that way.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote