View Single Post
Old 03-25-2024, 04:50 PM   #12
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I gave up on LibraryThing when a book I was added had a major error and after reporting it, it didn't get corrected. That's when I decided the staff don't care.
Fixing book errors is nothing to do with the staff, they maintain the database code and fix broken code. It's up to you to correct your copy of the book so all copies of the book are correct in the LT data.

Common errors are:
  • The book needs combining with a work already in the database
  • The edition needs splitting from the edition it's combined with
  • Bad data from the input source (usually Amazon) - you need to report it to the input source to get it fixed. Remember, garbage in - garbage out.
  • If it's a translated book, your version may be different from the other editions with a different translator; you need to update your copy with the correct information

LT is crowd edited; you need to reach out on Talk (Combiners! is a good group to start with) if you don't understand or can't see how to fix your copy.
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote